• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Congrats Godmog!
Thanks simo! Truly I owe you a lot to my success & as much as you're a volunteer & a pioneer to this forum, I won't mind buying you a cup of cappuccino if we meet! Not forgetting jonge who assisted me as regards to PCC which was Greek to me. But do I say? This thing looked like the Himalayas but no sooner we hiked, it looks like we were creating a mountain out of a mole hill! :)

Congratulations to those who got there visas, Akello all the best mate, you are next.
Arrived in U.S safely...A very nice place here in San Diego, very hot also.....ii ni Mombasa ya kenya
San Diego is beautiful and probably has one of the best climates in the US, enjoy it!!

Jorj, which part of San Diego do you live? I've lived here in San Diego for the last couple of years... and yes, it has the best weather in the US ... Trust me, I've traveled around the US, mostly for work, and there's nowhere else I'd rather live. We should link up sometime ....
All folks on here who live in San Diego County, Orange Country and as far as Los Angeles .... we should link up sometime .... Folks on the east coast are planning a get together we might as well plan one ... perhaps BBQ at the beach :) ? anyone?

Quick question folks, what happens if someone accidentally includes an original certificate in the visa application package that is sent back to KCC after the 1st NL? does that person have to get certified copies of the certificate in question? or do they just go for the interview and inform the CO that they included an original certificate with the visa application form?
You should attend your interview with copies of all key documents. Whilst you would hope the original cert would have remained with your file, you should not leave that to chance.
You shouldn't be sending any certificates back to KCC? Unless you had a birth or marriage after selection?

I thought I should post here what happened to these guys, just in case someone else finds themselves in a similar situation. So, these folks got married between the time they applied for the dv and the time the 1stNL came out. The husband was selected and they contacted me for advise on how to proceed. I, of course, told them to indicate the change in marital status, include visa application forms for the wife too and put a COPY of the marriage certificate in the files sent back to KCC. They did, except, instead of putting a copy of the marriage certificate, they put the original. I only got to know this like 2 days before their interview. My advise to them was to certify the photocopy they had with them - just in case - and take it to the interview. They passed their interview the morning of Sept/10.

hallow folks my interview went ok and will be posting my interview tomorrow ,its pretty much the same routine as the others but will post it for all those who were waitin to hear the good news from akelloh ,sorry guys for the long silence but will post it 2morrow and thanks once again to everyone in this beautiful forum ,remember God loves you and be blessed folks

Thanks simo! Truly I owe you a lot to my success & as much as you're a volunteer & a pioneer to this forum, I won't mind buying you a cup of cappuccino if we meet! Not forgetting jonge who assisted me as regards to PCC which was Greek to me. But do I say? This thing looked like the Himalayas but no sooner we hiked, it looks like we were creating a mountain out of a mole hill! :)

Even a molehill could trip up an unprepared person. Glad you got through so easily - the next Capuccino I drink I will think of you!

hallow folks my interview went ok and will be posting my interview tomorrow ,its pretty much the same routine as the others but will post it for all those who were waitin to hear the good news from akelloh ,sorry guys for the long silence but will post it 2morrow and thanks once again to everyone in this beautiful forum ,remember God loves you and be blessed folks

Cool! Congrats!

image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys now that my 16 months night & day mares are over & am heading to the land of honey & milk! I have upgraded my old house where I will be spending my vacations from the damn winters!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
while growing up, there was a myth that 9 is a bad number but on tuesday coincidentally it was 9/9 but however against all odds the dv journey of 16 months was wrapped up in about 2-3 minutes:-

TRUE STORY
On september 9th
I woke up @3
dressed up, checked my docs for the last time (nothing i could do even if anything was missing - but i have been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks - checking & rechecking!)) and i took a hot steaming ketepa tea
left house @4:30
arrived @ embassy @5:10
found 6 guys @ the embassy booth- 2 gents & 4 ladies
gates opened @ 6:30 & we queued in 2 lines & i was no, 2 in men's queu
Finished 1st & 2nd security checks
@7:09 proceeded inside & I was given paper # token
after a while was called to counter #4, presented my documents & answered some queries to a Kenyan young lady.
@7:30 paid visa fee in US currency $330.
2nd call to counter #8 for finger printing & was served by an american lady btn 30-40 yrs of age.
3rd & final call to counter #10 (CO lady aged btn 35-45 yrs old).

The 2-3 minutes interview

CO - good morning sir
GM - good morning madam
CO - raise up your right hand & swear that the information you provided here is true & correct
GM - yes maam
CO - thank you sir
are you married?
GM - no madam
CO - do you have children?
GM - no madam
CO - have you ever been married?
GM - no madam
CO - (while typing) after high school what did you do?
GM - blah blah
CO - have you ever stayed out of kenya?
GM - yes madam
CO - for how long?
GM - blah blah
CO - where're you going in the US?
GM - mn
CO - how're you related with your host?
GM - blah blah
CO - congratulations i will issue you with a VISA, sign where there's an X, i will also issue you with this 2 forms with dhl & uscis instructions
GM - thank you nadam, thank you very much
CO - are you still staying in tanzania?
GM - no i am staying in kenya
CO - thank you sir, your visa will be ready for pick up in a weeks time after you register with DHL
GM - thank you

Nice one gidmog, all the best for the rellocation :)

Akelloh,
We been together in this adventure, so glad you made it, welcome to our green team :)

Been waiting to hear this news from you. I remember you called asking when your inteview might be....mabrouk on getting your visa and welcome to america.

@britismon since have email the embassy now twice to know the current status of my case ,they give no reply yet i don't know why, but i'm a bit worried..i just get a number which they said is a DOS number ,but i dont understand how to go about it then of i call will they give me the current status of my case ,but i hope its won't harm my case britismon, let me call them to inquire or not??

@britismon since have email the embassy now twice to know the current status of my case ,they give no reply yet i don't know why, but i'm a bit worried..i just get a number which they said is a DOS number ,but i dont understand how to go about it then of i call will they give me the current status of my case ,but i hope its won't harm my case britismon, let me call them to inquire or not??

You need two things to happen.

1. You need your AP to complete
2. You need your case to be re-allocated a visa

Number 2 can only happen once point 1 is resolved. However number 2 is a significant problem given the over demand for limited visas. If all the AP cases were approved tomorrow, MANY of those cases (probably more than half) would still not get visas because visas are running out.

There is pretty much nothing you can do to speed up number 1. Your AP could complete tomorrow or it might never complete - there is no way to tell. However in previous years many AP cases have been resolved in the last 2 or 3 weeks of September - so the only good news I can give you is that your agony can only continue for about 3 more weeks.

Good luck TYT...

@britismon so tommorow is the day in which most Ap cases will resolved, but how can u tell?? Coz this september in 1st wk i was having rapid updated date ,so how can i know that Ap is completed then ? Coz my passport is already thr and i have no document missing at then...

@britismon so tommorow is the day in which most Ap cases will resolved, but how can u tell?? Coz this september in 1st wk i was having rapid updated date ,so how can i know that Ap is completed then ? Coz my passport is already thr and i have no document missing at then...

No TYT I was not saying that it would be resolved tomorrow. I was saying IT COULD HAPPEN ANY TIME IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS - possibly tomorrow, possibly in a week and possibly never - we just don't know.

okay ..thank u! But what about my rapid updated date on ceac, how can u tell that my case have resolved ? Coz the embassy don't pick called or neigther reply to email u sent to them, and they retain my passport with no document requesting ...how can i know?? May God help me and the otherrs!!

Am also confused coz dos no is your case no. I ain't sure but can you be given a DOS no without an alien reg no.?

Am saying that coz the white uscis sheet paper I was given contained my allien registration no. and my DOS no which of cos is my dv case no.

In our place here calling the embassy & getting help is like a piece of cake but I don't know of your place! One thing I don't understand, they don't pick your phone or reply your email, right? But how did You get your DOS no.? And you said they 'said'!? How did they say what you say they said? Something is not adding up here tyt?

hey guys am sooo happy to read this, indeed this was a blessed year for all of us, congratulations for those who have got their visas the ones remaining this month ,wish you Gods blessings as you go to the embassy to pick up your visas.