• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

We are from Central Africa Republic, basing in South Sudan where I'm working as IT consultant and my wife got the A-level from CAR (Central Africa Rep) in 2000
she went to university but didn't finish,
the A-level is in Economics section(B) we married after she submit the Dv it was in dec 2013 aand the baby was born in April

Did you get married after she sent in the entry? If so has she sent in the correct DS260 adding you and the baby to the case? If yes and if she qualifies otherwise ie educati

We are from Central Africa Republic, basing in South Sudan where I'm working as IT consultant and my wife got the A-level from CAR (Central Africa Rep) in 2000
she went to university but didn't finish,
the A-level is in Economics section(B) we married after she submit the Dv it was in dec 2013 aand the baby was born in April
on then yes you will get the visa but the forms must be done properly.

Dear Our experts, I'm new on this forum but I am one among the blessed 2015 DV Selectees.
My case No. is around AF 16k, I currently reside in India where I have completed my B.pharm, my student visa is over and I have to move back to my native country(Congo DRC), but recently I heard that my family fled to South Africa to seek asylum and I am neither likely to go back in DRC nor staying here bcoz my visa can not be extended given my studies were completed, and I avoid to be asylee in this process.
Seemingly my case number will be current in December.

Here are few querries that need help dear mates...

1.What advice could you give me about Interview location? Currently I am supposed to have it In Mumbai, India.. If can not get visa extension, and stay here out of status, how seriously this would impact my case?

2.I want to update my DS 260 form, Considering my case number, when should I resubmit it in order to allow KKC to process and schedule my interview and to avoid delays?

3.My sponsor has already signed the affidavit of support in this early August. Is it too early Considering my CN? How much time is it valid?

4.Likewise, I am working hard to find police clearences in both countries viz, India and DRC valid for 1 year (India) and 6 months (DRC) and I'm confident I will get all in this August. If I can get the interview in Dec, is there any consequences in the processing having got them early?(e.g Suspicion of fraud etc...), or does it make a difference to submit early documents or recent docs?

5.I heard people talking about Administrative Processing( AP)in visa application. What are the main reasons for that?

Your advice will be priceless my dears...

Dear Our experts, I'm new on this forum but I am one among the blessed 2015 DV Selectees.
My case No. is around AF 16k, I currently reside in India where I have completed my B.pharm, my student visa is over and I have to move back to my native country(Congo DRC), but recently I heard that my family fled to South Africa to seek asylum and I am neither likely to go back in DRC nor staying here bcoz my visa can not be extended given my studies were completed, and I avoid to be asylee in this process.
Seemingly my case number will be current in December.

Here are few querries that need help dear mates...

1.What advice could you give me about Interview location? Currently I am supposed to have it In Mumbai, India.. If can not get visa extension, and stay here out of status, how seriously this would impact my case?

2.I want to update my DS 260 form, Considering my case number, when should I resubmit it in order to allow KKC to process and schedule my interview and to avoid delays?

3.My sponsor has already signed the affidavit of support in this early August. Is it too early Considering my CN? How much time is it valid?

4.Likewise, I am working hard to find police clearences in both countries viz, India and DRC valid for 1 year (India) and 6 months (DRC) and I'm confident I will get all in this August. If I can get the interview in Dec, is there any consequences in the processing having got them early?(e.g Suspicion of fraud etc...), or does it make a difference to submit early documents or recent docs?

5.I heard people talking about Administrative Processing( AP)in visa application. What are the main reasons for that?

Your advice will be priceless my dears...

1. Don't stay anywhere out of status.
2. Ask them to unlock, if they do it quickly it shouldn't delay your case at all. If it is a minor issue don't bother....
3. There is not a hard rule on that. try and make it less than 6 months.
4. Police certs do sometimes have an expiry. Again, within 6 months should be ok.
5. Things like being from or travelling to certain countries, being from or providing documents from countries with lots of fake document issues. Being found to be out of status in a foreign country would do it!

Britsimon Thanks you very much about your reply infac she got the A-level fromCentral Africa Republic and we aare in Ssouth Sudan where by I'am workin as a IT Consultant, and the A-level was B section (Economic seri) the interview will be in kenya,
SusieQQQ She fill the DS260 including me and the baby also

Britsimon Thanks you very much about your reply infac she got the A-level fromCentral Africa Republic and we aare in Ssouth Sudan where by I'am workin as a IT Consultant, and the A-level was B section (Economic seri) the interview will be in kenya,
SusieQQQ She fill the DS260 including me and the baby also

She just has one A-level? Have you confirmed that is enough to meet the education requirement?
DS form sounds fine but she needs to ensure she can meet the education requirement.

Please guys, what are the chances of being admitted to the US on a B1/B2 visa after submitting DS-260?

Dear friends, again thanks a lot for this great forum, without you I'd be lost!

I hate to bring this up again, but I wouldn't have unless I really needed to. I'm so confused and don't know what to do, and my confusion and hopelessness have reached a new high.

I'm a DV-15 winner from Syria (CN: AS108**), I am a medical student expecting to graduate early next year.
I was planning to travel to the US in Jan/Feb 2015 to take the USMLE Step 2 CS exam (one of the tests required to be able to practice medicine in the US, and can only be taken there), so I was holding off filing my DS-260 to avoid any risk when entering the US.
Now, my uncle, who is a doctor in the US, and a US citizen, who will also sponsor me, is insisting that I submit form DS-260 now, and either postpone the test until after I take the DV (if everything worked out, hopefully) (I'd rather not do that because I'll waste a year of my life in vain), or risk entering the US with my already valid B1/B2 visa. I guess he doesn't want me to jeopardize my chances by sending the form DS-260 later after I leave the US. According to him, he knows some people who lost it because they sent their forms late. So now I have 3 options:

1. Stick to my original plan; go to the US, pass the test, leave by March 2015 maximum then file DS-260.
2. Submit DS-260 now and take the test after I get the visa.
3. Submit DS-260 now and travel to the US in February 2015, and hope for the best!

The good thing about option #3 is that it combines both my uncle's wishes and mine, but I'm worried about the risk, especially that I'm Syrian, and very likely to be put under CBP secondary inspection when I enter the States.

Please experts, I need your help, @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @vladek15425 or any other member willing to help. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I'm sorry again for wasting your time. I feel really stupid, but I need to make sure I'm making the right decision. It's a matter of life or death for me. Pursuing a medical career in the US was always my ambition, and a green card would be of immense help.

Thanks again so much! :)

She just has one A-level? Have you confirmed that is enough to meet the education requirement?
DS form sounds fine but she needs to ensure she can meet the education requirement.

in fact she has also diploma not degree (DEUG) (DIPLOME D'ETUDE UNIVERSITAIRE GENERRALE I AND II) .
what are the other requirement? and the second issue is that she is not speaking English what do you think can happen during the interview? just stress up about this issue please I need your help

in fact she has also diploma not degree (DEUG) (DIPLOME D'ETUDE UNIVERSITAIRE GENERRALE I AND II) .
what are the other requirement? and the second issue is that she is not speaking English what do you think can happen during the interview? just stress up about this issue please I need your help

I'm still not clear about the high school. Do you know what the official requirement to meet the education requirement for your country and does she meet it?
English is not a requirement for the interview, they always have local language speakers available, and English classes for immigrant adults are widely available in the US.

I hate to bring this up again, but I wouldn't have unless I really needed to. I'm so confused and don't know what to do, and my confusion and hopelessness have reached a new high.

I'm a DV-15 winner from Syria (CN: AS108**), I am a medical student expecting to graduate early next year.
I was planning to travel to the US in Jan/Feb 2015 to take the USMLE Step 2 CS exam (one of the tests required to be able to practice medicine in the US, and can only be taken there), so I was holding off filing my DS-260 to avoid any risk when entering the US.
Now, my uncle, who is a doctor in the US, and a US citizen, who will also sponsor me, is insisting that I submit form DS-260 now, and either postpone the test until after I take the DV (if everything worked out, hopefully) (I'd rather not do that because I'll waste a year of my life in vain), or risk entering the US with my already valid B1/B2 visa. I guess he doesn't want me to jeopardize my chances by sending the form DS-260 later after I leave the US. According to him, he knows some people who lost it because they sent their forms late. So now I have 3 options:

1. Stick to my original plan; go to the US, pass the test, leave by March 2015 maximum then file DS-260.
3. Submit DS-260 now and travel to the US in February 2015, and hope for the best!

The good thing about option #3 is that it combines both my uncle's wishes and mine, but I'm worried about the risk, especially that I'm Syrian, and very likely to be put under CBP secondary inspection when I enter the States.

Please experts, I need your help, @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ @vladek15425 or any other member willing to help. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

I'm sorry again for wasting your time. I feel really stupid, but I need to make sure I'm making the right decision. It's a matter of life or death for me. Pursuing a medical career in the US was always my ambition, and a green card would be of immense help.

Quite frankly, irrespective of whether you have filed or not, the fact that you will be entering the US to write an exam to allow you to practice there will probably raise eyebrows at entry anyway. I do think you would be ok on either 1 or 3 but 2 is probably the absolute safest way to do it, even if it means another year.

This is my opinion , and you can fit it, in 1 2 or 3 up to you :

B1 visa is not duel, so its a tricky situation, it might get you in trouble although some people manages to get away with it, no-one can tell you its 100% safe, and somewhere somehow, it can be used against you.

Sending a late ds260 form, will work for a late appointment, but on other hand if ( and don't wish it) you end up on AP for a missing document or what ever reason, than you might lose out, dv 15 is overloaded just as dv14, so to me its a risky adventure, you may manage to get it all right, but if you make 1 little mistake a long the line, you will slip up.

You have a high case number, send your ds230 now get your visa asap, visas will run out again, don't jeopardize your life time chance.

I'm quite sure that you are not allowed to take any tests on a B1/B2 visa, since you're not allowed to study on those. Also since B1/B2 visa are not dual intent visas, taking a test that will enable you to work in the country (and thus have intent to immigrate, since this is the only reason for taking the test) will most probably not be allowed. So my suggestin is to go with option 2, otherwise you are doing stuff you are not allowed to and may jeopardize you chances to get your GC.

To be precise, you can do short "recreational" courses of study on a B1/B2 (like cooking, but not being a chef). You cannot do academic or vocational courses on a B1/B2.

Do option so since options 1 and 2 are not legal. You could apply for a student visa, but I would not recommend that. Oh, and by the way, you are about to spend almost a year waiting anyway, so focus on something else.....

You don't need labor certification as a DV applicant so the question is actually irrelevant. Your answers are correct IMO.
And indeed, a very firm no. I'm also not sure what you mean about the kid being eligible, I thought immigrants couldn't get anything for five years. Anyway it's immaterial because if you put yes you will be refused - as one of the preconditions for the visa is not being a public charge - and if you do subsequently apply for the type of support that falls under "public charge" afaik your green card can be revoked.

And yes maiden name.
Hello Susie ,
I just checked my form to see that I actually said ' NO ' on my DS260 form for the question '
Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but
have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? ' .
Still ldo not know how one earth I said so ! guess , its coz many of my answers were 'NO' to all questions around this one , and hence overlooked it ... what do you think I should do then ? contact KCC for editing ? or rectify it in the interview ? Thank you !

Hello Susie ,
I just checked my form to see that I actually said ' NO ' on my DS260 form for the question '
Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but
have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? ' .
Still ldo not know how one earth I said so ! guess , its coz many of my answers were 'NO' to all questions around this one , and hence overlooked it ... what do you think I should do then ? contact KCC for editing ? or rectify it in the interview ? Thank you !
You can send an email to kcc, to unlock you ds260 form.

I'm still not clear about the high school. Do you know what the official requirement to meet the education requirement for your country and does she meet it?
English is not a requirement for the interview, they always have local language speakers available, and English classes for immigrant adults are widely available in the US.

you know we are having french system and the requirement I saw there was high school it mean that the person need to have at least baccalaurea the equivalent of A-level

Congratulations on the win, marriage and baby!

Based on last year she will be current in November (assuming she is not from Ethiopia or Egypt)

The education level needed varies slightly per country. Tell us the country where she did the A levels (and how many she got and what grades) and we can point you to the right place to check she is qualified.
we are from central Africa during the exam she 12/20 I can even e-mail you the result later