• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

T
I think you must click Yes, if you put NO, page wont let you go to the next page
This question is actually on the last page of the form and it allows me to save the data before exit when I reply 'no'.
OTE="lucky2015winner, post: 2353291, member: 363440"]I think you must click Yes, if you put NO, page wont let you go to the next page[/QUOTE]
I think you must click Yes, if you put NO, page wont let you go to the next page
The

Thanks Susie! Can you also please help with the following questions:

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?
I don't understand the second part here... but I guess the reply should be YES for my wife & myself but NO for my little kid?!

Are you likely to become a public charge after you are admitted to the United States?
I guess this has to be a firm NO for the three of us! Or should I put YES only for the kid who might be entitled for infant financial support (if my wage will not be 'satisfactory' as per US laws )?

Finally, I find it strange that in the child's form, they ask about his mother's Surnames at Birth... is this the Maiden name?

Thanks Susie! Can you also please help with the following questions:

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?
I don't understand the second part here... but I guess the reply should be YES for my wife & myself but NO for my little kid?!

Are you likely to become a public charge after you are admitted to the United States?
I guess this has to be a firm NO for the three of us! Or should I put YES only for the kid who might be entitled for infant financial support (if my wage will not be 'satisfactory' as per US laws )?

Finally, I find it strange that in the child's form, they ask about his mother's Surnames at Birth... is this the Maiden name?

You don't need labor certification as a DV applicant so the question is actually irrelevant. Your answers are correct IMO.
And indeed, a very firm no. I'm also not sure what you mean about the kid being eligible, I thought immigrants couldn't get anything for five years. Anyway it's immaterial because if you put yes you will be refused - as one of the preconditions for the visa is not being a public charge - and if you do subsequently apply for the type of support that falls under "public charge" afaik your green card can be revoked.

And yes maiden name.

Hello!

I'm a bit confused... Will we receive the first notification by email only or will it be displayed on the ESC page as well? Will it include the date of the interview? .. And what is the second notification letter about?

Is it possible to change the US address provided in the DS260 after it was submitted? Would it delay the process?

Thank you!!!

Hello!

I'm a bit confused... Will we receive the first notification by email only or will it be displayed on the ESC page as well? Will it include the date of the interview? .. And what is the second notification letter about?

Is it possible to change the US address provided in the DS260 after it was submitted? Would it delay the process?

Thank you!!!

You already have your first notification if you were selected. Second one will be in the same place, with your interview details . You will get an email telling you the page has been updated. So print out your current letter as it will not stay there permanently.

Don't worry about changing the address on the form. You can change it at your interview or even at entry to the US.

Hi

I answered the question regarding skilled \ unskilled labour question by No

But i am worry now that i mistake that , I have a university degree as an Architect .

Should i say yes ?

You already have your first notification if you were selected. Second one will be in the same place, with your interview details . You will get an email telling you the page has been updated. So print out your current letter as it will not stay there permanently.

Don't worry about changing the address on the form. You can change it at your interview or even at entry to the US.

Awesome, thank you SusieQQQ! :)

Hi

I answered the question regarding skilled \ unskilled labour question by No

But i am worry now that i mistake that , I have a university degree as an Architect .

Should i say yes ?

I honestly don't think it matters. The question is irrelevant to the application. Labor certification refers to employment based visas.

My application was submitted on 14 of july! Would this be considered late? My cn is AS00007***
Thx

No that is not late at all. Your case number is in the medium range - so probably wont interview before May/June - so there is plenty of waiting....

Translation Certification does not need to be done by a lawyer or a notary. The person doing the translation can prepare the certification.

Thanks for your reply. And what is the actual translation certification ? Is it some sort of stamp or is it a signed statement that the translations are accurate and that translator is competent to translate ? Can I do translations myself and sign them ?

Thanks for your reply. And what is the actual translation certification ? Is it some sort of stamp or is it a signed statement that the translations are accurate and that translator is competent to translate ? Can I do translations myself and sign them ?

No you cannot translate the document yourself. And it just occured to me that you're doing CP, and my earlier response is not entirely applicable - that would only apply to someone processing AOS.

For someone processing CP, I would highly recommend getting the certification notarized (again this is not required for AOS). The translation does not need to be done by a lawyer or a notary, anyone (other than the applicant themselves) highly fluent in both the local and English language can do the translation, as long as they include a signed certification stating they're fluent in both languages and the certification should be notarized. Here's a link to what the certification should look like:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/document-english-translation.html

For CP, I would highly recommend going with the Affidavit of Translation on the 2nd link above.

Thanks for your reply. I suppose the Affidavit of Translation should be replaced by those 2 statements word for word appearing on the DV instructions:

1) Translation is accurate
2) Translator is competent to translate

I think that Affidavit of Translation is the second statement above.

Do you think I should use these statements for every document that I am getting translated ? Or just get translator to sign one statement instead ? I think I will have about 6 translations in total.

Thanks for your reply. I suppose the Affidavit of Translation should be replaced by those 2 statements word for word appearing on the DV instructions:

1) Translation is accurate
2) Translator is competent to translate

I think that Affidavit of Translation is the second statement above.

Do you think I should use these statements for every document that I am getting translated ? Or just get translator to sign one statement instead ? I think I will have about 6 translations in total.

You can change the wordings provided the notary is able to confirm that:

1. The translation is accurate, and
2. The translator is competent in both languages.

You will need the certification for all the documents being translated as the certification has to be attached to each document separately.

No you cannot translate the document yourself. And it just occured to me that you're doing CP, and my earlier response is not entirely applicable - that would only apply to someone processing AOS.

For someone processing CP, I would highly recommend getting the certification notarized (again this is not required for AOS). The translation does not need to be done by a lawyer or a notary, anyone (other than the applicant themselves) highly fluent in both the local and English language can do the translation, as long as they include a signed certification stating they're fluent in both languages and the certification should be notarized. Here's a link to what the certification should look like:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/document-english-translation.html

For CP, I would highly recommend going with the Affidavit of Translation on the 2nd link above.
Mom, I never heard about that affidavit !
Do you think I should get one too?

Seeing as we are taking about CP, although we had ours notarized, it was not necessary, at least at our consulate.