• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

Finally done with my interview, the newark FO is amazing. I had insufficient documents supporting the I-134 but my interviewer let me go home immediately to get more and bring them back. 3 hours after my interview I received an email about my newly registered green status!!! I just have to wait now :)
Congratulation abidjan
I will have my interview next tuesday
I also filled out i-134 but do not have supporting documents, what supporting documents did your officer ask for 134? Did you give it ?

Congratulation abidjan
I will have my interview next tuesday
I also filled out i-134 but do not have supporting documents, what supporting documents did your officer ask for 134? Did you give it ?

You don't fill out the I134 - someone else does - and then they provide copies of their W2/tax documents/payslips to show their income...

You don't fill out the I134 - someone else does - and then they provide copies of their W2/tax documents/payslips to show their income...
Thanks Britsimon
Sorry i meant my friend filled out for me, but just the form he did not give me other things. I will ask him supporting documents.

Hi Everybody again! I am seeing so many of You already got the GC. Is so amazing! I wish we will get it too. I contacted the correct congress person a week ago and They still didn't contact me back. How much time They have for that?

You are checking with the wrong place. You are done with KCC the moment you've sent your intention of AOS (you typically do it before sending in your application package to Chicago lockbox). They won't have up to date information about your case so no need to panic.

wreck_it_ralph,

thanks for your reply. Can you please clarify, who won't have up-to-date information about my case?

I got the interview letter today. I am lucky that my case seems to be processed pretty fast. MY package arrived Chicago on 6/17, walk in bio on 7/1 and interview date on 8/4 (current in Aug). I hope you guys will get the interveiw letter soon.

Reactions: CWH
You are checking with the wrong place. You are done with KCC the moment you've sent your intention of AOS (you typically do it before sending in your application package to Chicago lockbox). They won't have up to date information about your case so no need to panic.

My friend happens to be an immigration lawyer and she is helping me to handle my AOS. Last week she sent an email to KCC requesting expedite the tranfer of my file to the field office. If my lawyer knows what she is doing, KCC may need to communicate with the field office after your AOS is filed.

My friend happens to be an immigration lawyer and she is helping me to handle my AOS. Last week she sent an email to KCC requesting expedite the tranfer of my file to the field office. If my lawyer knows what she is doing, KCC may need to communicate with the field office after your AOS is filed.
KCC is a part of DoS, USCIS is a part of DHS. These are two separate branches of the government. Once you send your intention of AOS, your case is forwarded from DoS to USCIS. Not sure who your lawyer spoke to, but she might have called USCIS. That's how Britsimon did at least.

KCC. As far as I know, they only do CP, not AOS.

But alpha_wolf wasn't asking KCC for an up-to-date information about his case. I believe what he said was that they called KCC to find out about their DV case file with them which is needed by USCIS/his FO before his AOS application can be approved.

KCC is a part of DoS, USCIS is a part of DHS. These are two separate branches of the government. Once you send your intention of AOS, your case is forwarded from DoS to USCIS. Not sure who your lawyer spoke to, but she might have called USCIS. That's how Britsimon did at least.

No, the case is not automatically forwarded by KCC. Case files only get forwarded when the applicable FO contacts KCC and requests the file. KCC has no way of knowing which FO the AOS applicant will end up with.

No, the case is not automatically forwarded by KCC. Case files only get forwarded when the applicable FO contacts KCC and requests the file. KCC has no way of knowing which FO the AOS applicant will end up with.

Mom,

But when we called them, the lady clearly stated our files were forwarded to our FO. she even said our FO - Kansas City - was not too far from them.

alpha_wolf said he had an interview so it is clearly forwarded to the FO. That's why I've been saying his case is out of the hands of KCC.

Mom,

But when we called them, the lady clearly stated our files were forwarded to our FO. she even said our FO - Kansas City - was not too far from them.

I don't doubt what the KCC rep told you. It most likely got forwarded following a request from your FO after they received your AOS application. My guess is the file is sitting somewhere in you FO yet to be brought to the attention of your IO. Give it a couple of days and lets hope it gets brought to the attention of your IO.

alpha_wolf said he had an interview so it is clearly forwarded to the FO. That's why I've been saying his case is out of the hands of KCC.

Again, no! The fact that he got interviewed does not mean the case file got forwarded. People get interviewed all the time without their case files being received by their FOs prior to their being interviewed. Go through the thread, you will come across people who have been in similar situations. It's usually the reason the IO is unable to decide or approve most straight forward applications.

Again, no! The fact that he got interviewed does not mean the case file got forwarded. People get interviewed all the time without their case files being received by their FOs prior to their being interviewed. Go through the thread, you will come across people who have been in similar situations. It's usually the reason the IO is unable to decide or approve most straight forward applications.

Interesting. Didn't know that they could interview without having the case file. Sorry for the misleading info :(

I don't doubt what the KCC rep told you. It most likely got forwarded following a request from your FO after they received your AOS application. My guess is the file is sitting somewhere in you FO yet to be brought to the attention of your IO. Give it a couple of days and lets hope it gets brought to the attention of your IO.

Mom,

thank you for clarification!

That is what I thought too. The IO said "please give us 1-2 weeks" and seemed to feel guilty so I figured our files might actually have been there already.

What are your thoughts about the outcome of our interview?

Thanks!!!