• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

I already sent the I-824 to Chicago lockbox. On my interview date the io said that he was going to send our file back to KCC so that they can plan for my husband's interview overseas. I have been calling KCC and all the time they referred me to USCIS while uscis has been referring me back to KCC.

You should have gone back to your FO in person.

I'm not quite sure, maybe it's a new practice. You can however also call USCIS to find out why it went to Nebraska and not the NBC.

i just told her about this, and definitely she will call USCIS tomorrow. thanks mom.

NBC forwards the application to Nebraska in my understanding. Mine was also also handled like that.
To be clear, the acceptance email says:
<snip>
Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing.
</snip>

But when I check the status online, it says it is being handled in Nebraska.

Hello, everybody. I was reading your posts for couple of weeks and I really want to thank you because you shared all of your experiences so people can get plenty of useful information regarding AOS procedure. Now, there it goes my case: I applied for GC on May 1,when my cut off number was current. I had my BIO appointment on May 28, but since then I didn't get scheduled interview, nor I got any improvement on my case. I got INFO PASS on Monday and IO told me that my case is still in National Benefit Center in Missouri and that my case is still not expedited to my field office. The reason why it is not is that they are waiting to see if there is visa available?!! Wasn't visa available at the time when my cut off number was current? I am little bit confused because I came from country where there is no chance of 7% to be reached. And IO added that it takes 30 days that NBC expedites case to FO. Is that correct? Then I am lost. If they expedite case now (just suppose so) and if that takes 30 days to go around where it should goes before it comes to my FO, then it will be to late for FO to schedule an interview. Is there anything I can do to help myself to make that faster?

To be clear, the acceptance email says:
<snip>
Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing.
</snip>

But when I check the status online, it says it is being handled in Nebraska.
Same with me!!! Text acceptance was from National Benefit Center; however, on line status showing that case is being processed at Nebraska Service Center !!! Also showing 5 steps: Acceptance (current status), Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision Activity, Card/ Document Production. I thought it was standard procedure, but now I am doubting that...should I be concerned, since this process is so time sensitive ? Should it be in NationalBenefitCenter in Missouri ??? Please share ! Thx!

Last edited:
Finally done with my interview, the newark FO is amazing. I had insufficient documents supporting the I-134 but my interviewer let me go home immediately to get more and bring them back. 3 hours after my interview I received an email about my newly registered green status!!! I just have to wait now :)

Finally done with my interview, the newark FO is amazing. I had insufficient documents supporting the I-134 but my interviewer let me go home immediately to get more and bring them back. 3 hours after my interview I received an email about my newly registered green status!!! I just have to wait now :)

Congrats!

It's always a delight to read that at least some people are liking their FO. :)

yes, hers is at the acceptance step. she also received NOA letter with an A#. where are you in IL? she is in champaign. as far as we know, people here in our town will have a biometrics in indianapolis, IN
I am also from Champaign.

Reactions: CWH
Same with me!!! Text acceptance was from National Benefit Center; however, on line status showing that case is being processed at Nebraska Service Center !!! Also showing 5 steps: Acceptance (current status), Initial Review, Decision, Post Decision Activity, Card/ Document Production. I thought it was standard procedure, but now I am doubting that...should I be concerned, since this process is so time sensitive ? Should it be in NationalBenefitCenter in Missouri ??? Please share ! Thx!

Mine case is also like this. I also put some case numbers around my number in the online check status website. All I485 applications I found said "Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location."

Mine case is also like this. I also put some case numbers around my number in the online check status website. All I485 applications I found said "Your case is being processed at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location."
Mine says the same too!

My lawyer suggested me to call to USCIS and ask to expedite mine and my wife’s case. Do you think it is a good idea in this stage? I have just received the acceptance confirmation email with our receipt number yesterday. Thank you!

Relax. No need to worry. Everyone's in the same situation so it should be OK. They can't mess up all of our applications :)

My lawyer suggested me to call to USCIS and ask to expedite mine and my wife’s case. Do you think it is a good idea in this stage? I have just received the acceptance confirmation email with our receipt number yesterday. Thank you!
Why doesn't he call himself? I would call 1-2 weeks after biometrics.

I'm not quite sure, maybe it's a new practice. You can however also call USCIS to find out why it went to Nebraska and not the NBC.

Mom, my case also has been transferred for processing to Nebraska Service Center. I was surprised as well but I see this is the case with other applicants here...

Is there any difference between asking now and 1-2 weeks after the biometrics? My assumption is that the sooner the better. Am I wrong?

I refer you to Britsimon's post on this matter. You have only 3 shots so you want to use them wisely. You do the expedite request now, you can't use it later when waiting for the IL.

You have three weapons that I know of to move you case along (SM1smom may know more). They are Infopass, Congressperson and possibly the expedite. The first two seem to get results. We aren't sure about the last. However within reason I think you should avoid using more than one at the same time. Think of each as a one shot pistol - when being charged by multiple Rhino, you don't want to fire them all into the first Rhino in case your first shot works. Once you see what happened you may decide to use the next thing. If you fire them all at once you may even lose the effectiveness of each individual shot. So - use them wisely!

I refer you to Britsimon's post on this matter. You have only 3 shots so you want to use them wisely. You do the expedite request now, you can't use it later when waiting for the IL.

Thank you for the explanation! I am afraid that due to the short time frame I will have no chance to use all the 3 weapons.