• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2014 DV Lottery - Second notification letter

october cut off is out and is 7500 for AF

AF cut off for october is out.....the cut off number is 7500
No. 2014 hasn't started yet. The visa bulletin page will be updated in a week or so and that will announce the October cutoffs. I doubt the October cutoff for AF will be 11k plus - but it might happen.

I received my 2NL via email from KCC this morning!

yes it is possible to receive the 2NL via e-mail,they explain it in your 1L that they are going to send the interview schedule through your e-mail you filled in your form you send to KCC.

I received my 2NL via email from KCC this morning!

yes it is possible to receive the 2NL via e-mail,they explain it in your 1L that they are going to send the interview schedule through your e-mail you filled in your form you send to KCC.

Could you just qualify that. Do you mean you have an email informing you about an interview - or is it confirming receipt (because you emailed them to ask)?

Yes I am doing AOS as described in my signature. I called them the first time 2 weeks after sending my form to verify receipt of my form. I emailed them 6 weeks later and I got a response within few days saying that it can take up to 8 weeks for my form to be processed. Then I called again yesterday and the lady told me that the system was still not showing receipt of my form. This morning I received an email with the 2NL dated August 12th. I guess it takes time for the system to update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nobody is saying 2NL will not be sent via email. That is not the clarification britsimon was asking for. All communication from KCC is obviously via email.

The response you have there is good in that it confirms they have your forms and then they state that they will process your forms in case number order. The Visa Bulletin just released shows the October CN cutoff for EU region to be 8000. So anyone with a EU CN less than 8000 will be expecting some further activity (getting an appointment for October).

You will not hear anything more until your CN range is announced in the VB. That will take a while (some months, not days or weeks) – so yes sorry – more patience required. It is hard to predict when you will get the next notification, we need to see the next couple of visa bulletins to see how they are processing. The EU number of 8000 was surprisingly high for me, but it is not likely that they will add another 8000 next month – that will take 2 or 3 months more I imagine. If I had to guess I would say you would get an interview in Jan/Feb – and you hear about the interview details by email a few weeks before the interview date.

However, their response is ideal and there is no indication that anything is wrong.

The response i posted is not mine, that's the response i would like to get, this the response i got:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow six to eight weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

The response i posted is not mine, that's the response i would like to get, this the response i got:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow six to eight weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

OK understood - but same answer. You just have to be patient. FYI, I submitted my forms by mail in May (with no tracking). I have not once phoned or emailed them to check. I have some corrections I need to make on our forms, but there will be time. What I am trying to say is - chill out. Their confirmation of receiving the forms may make you more comfortable, but it doesn't really make things faster and until your number is close I personally would not stress. Save your energy for the things you can change....

OK understood - but same answer. You just have to be patient. FYI, I submitted my forms by mail in May (with no tracking). I have not once phoned or emailed them to check. I have some corrections I need to make on our forms, but there will be time. What I am trying to say is - chill out. Their confirmation of receiving the forms may make you more comfortable, but it doesn't really make things faster and until your number is close I personally would not stress. Save your energy for the things you can change....

Thank you for calming me down :) and sorry for bothering you

In my case I was anxious to confirm everything was ok with the forms we sent in, worried that I had made some error or omission that would prevent the case proceeding. I later discovered on the 2NL that there is a section they can detail if any forms etc are incomplete and need to be sorted out before the interview. I seem to recall someone saying in a case of a serious omission KCC will contact you anyway. So basically if you have a courier etc confirmation of delivery, you may as well just relax (...yeah, I know...) until you get your 2NL.

I have a question. Im Egyptian winner live in South Korea and my case number is 2014AF22xxx. Should I received the 2NL more earlier than Africa cut off number or not?

Living outside of the African region will not make you receive your 2NL earlier than you should. You will become current and receive your 2NL when other CNs within your range become current regardless of your current place of abode or residency.

Yes, I am doing AOS. I sent them my documents the first week of May.

Some people say that only those folks whose numbers are current in October are receiving their 2NLs now, but as you can see, my number is not going to be current any time soon :) So go figure lol

Are you doing AOS fiefia?
When did you send your documents?

Yes, I am doing AOS. I sent them my documents the first week of May.

Some people say that only those folks whose numbers are current in October are receiving their 2NLs now, but as you can see, my number is not going to be current any time soon :) So go figure lol

Exactly :p all theories are busted.