December 2011 Filers

my guess is: The ref will be the fee for the work permit form. It is only free when send along in the same package with form i-130/i-485. In your case, you sent it in after they received your initial package, so i guess you have to pay for the form i-765.

my guess is: The ref will be the fee for the work permit form. It is only free when send along in the same package with form i-130/i-485. In your case, you sent it in after they received your initial package, so i guess you have to pay for the form i-765.

Cliff2: Thanks for guessing :)

But on the I-765 instructions clearly said that I could send the the form along with the 1-485 or after as long as I included a copy of the receipt notice stating that I applied for the I-485. But I could be wrong.

One thing that I thought it could be is a translated copy of my husband's birth certificate. I only sent a copy in our native language (portuguese). But when I first applied for my green card years ago, I did not have to translate into English.

Items/Docs that cause delays

Friends,

Wondering if you have any experiences with the items that delayed your applications like while preparing for the application submission what items which could cause delays or take longer to get as compared to other items?

For ex: Birth certificate you get from your native country. It could delay your application.

Any other examples...?

Thank You !

I had a lot of problems with my medical. It took them 3 weeks even all my tests came negative. I was very upset. The medical center where I went was full of idiots. At the end I didn't want to take the form or my tests I was requesting for the money back. Since they wouldn't let me do it I said I'll take it but I want to check the form before we seal it. Thank God I did. The doctor made so many mistakes I couldn't believe. She wrote that I'm female, She didn't sign the application and bunch of other stuff. That was something that delayed me.

Sounds like a nightmare!

Sorry to hear about your experiences with the world's worst civil surgeon. :( But it's a relief that you caught those errors.

I had a lot of problems with my medical. It took them 3 weeks even all my tests came negative. I was very upset. The medical center where I went was full of idiots. At the end I didn't want to take the form or my tests I was requesting for the money back. Since they wouldn't let me do it I said I'll take it but I want to check the form before we seal it. Thank God I did. The doctor made so many mistakes I couldn't believe. She wrote that I'm female, She didn't sign the application and bunch of other stuff. That was something that delayed me.

I just got my Biometric appointment scheduled for January 23. U haven't received text/email nor my online status changed. Looks like they are not updating it.

GC for mom

Here is my information. I am applying for my mom.

12/2/11: Mailed I-130, I-131 & I-485 to Chicago on behalf of my mom.
12/7/11: Email receipts received
12/9/11: NOA's received for I-130, I-131 & I-485
12/13/11: Biometrics appt received
12/19/11: RFE for medical I-693
12/30/11: Biometrics appt completed
12/30/11: Sent I-693 to USCIS

By the way, how to change my old signature?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see everyone has received already their appointment for their Bio-metrics, should I start worrying I haven't received mine? but then again, it's the holidays so it could be delayed...

I see everyone has received already their appointment for their Bio-metrics, should I start worrying I haven't received mine? but then again, it's the holidays so it could be delayed...
I don't think you should be worried. Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks. It will arrive soon. I've seen people waiting for a long time and it still doesn't slow down their process.

I don't think you should be worried. Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks. It will arrive soon. I've seen people waiting for a long time and it still doesn't slow down their process.

Oh I see. Thank you so much! :)

help please

I finally received the RFE letter for my husbands GC.

And they are asking for something that made me confused:

Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2, 1099's and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the IRS from the petitioner/sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for the most recent tax year.

But I did include tax transcripts from 2008, 2009 and a copy of my 1040 filed for 2010 with IRS. Wouldn't the 1040 be sufficient as proof for my 2010 income tax return? Just to be proactive, I am currently calling IRS to request a tax transcript for 2010, but that might take 1-2 weeks to receive it, so if you have any advice to share would be great.

Thank you.

I finally received the RFE letter for my husbands GC.

And they are asking for something that made me confused:

Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2, 1099's and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the IRS from the petitioner/sponsor on form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for the most recent tax year.

But I did include tax transcripts from 2008, 2009 and a copy of my 1040 filed for 2010 with IRS. Wouldn't the 1040 be sufficient as proof for my 2010 income tax return? Just to be proactive, I am currently calling IRS to request a tax transcript for 2010, but that might take 1-2 weeks to receive it, so if you have any advice to share would be great.

Thank you.

I called the IRS @ 1-800-829-1040 and requested a tax transcript by fax. Make sure you request a "Line Item summary of your tax return". I got them within 30 minutes of calling them.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes. Does this makes process be faster?

I was unable to visit my Biometric center today but i was able to visit drivers license office. With my valid i-94 and NOA, i got drivers License, so happy. now i can drive. Will go for my walk in tomorrow or Monday morning.

Joining the December 2011 filers late as my account was under moderation (!!??!!) for a while. Thanks to all the folks in this thread (and this forum), you guys have helped me a lot. My signature shows my timeline. Waiting for NOA's now, and hopefully there won't be any RFE (fingers crossed)!