Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

Hello everyone,
I haven't been on forver. Work has been crazy. We are prepared for our interview Tuesday morning. They only requested us to bring my birth certificate from Serbia & my proof of citizenship. zi am playing it safe and bringing everything I can think of, just in case. I am so nervous but I have a good feeling about it-trying to stay positive:)

Congrats to everyone that has been approved since the last time I was on & Noella your in my prayers-I'm sure it will come any day now!!

Good Luck Maral! You have been through so much already, this should be nothing compared to that now. Hope you guys are well prepared and ease through the interview.

@Melz400
@TonyGman

I heard back from NVC today. They said that they needed the police certificate from Belgium. I already provided that (including a certified translation). The only thing I could see was that they had a different address for the office where the form is supposed to come from. I think the office moved because when I look up the office they provided online it is nowhere to be found - only the new address.

So, I called today and spoke to someone. He was very nice as I explained what I had and that I wasn't sure what else I needed to provide. I explained the address situation (in case that is the reason for the incomplete file). He said a supervisor will review the file within the next few days (10-15 days max) and that I need to call back to learn the outcome and see what I have to do next. In the meantime I am still going to have my husband call the office in Belgium tomorrow in case they can explain anything further.

I'll let you know how it goes...

@Melz400
@TonyGman

I heard back from NVC today. They said that they needed the police certificate from Belgium. I already provided that (including a certified translation). The only thing I could see was that they had a different address for the office where the form is supposed to come from. I think the office moved because when I look up the office they provided online it is nowhere to be found - only the new address.

So, I called today and spoke to someone. He was very nice as I explained what I had and that I wasn't sure what else I needed to provide. I explained the address situation (in case that is the reason for the incomplete file). He said a supervisor will review the file within the next few days (10-15 days max) and that I need to call back to learn the outcome and see what I have to do next. In the meantime I am still going to have my husband call the office in Belgium tomorrow in case they can explain anything further.

@staticfade56

Good Luck with all of that!
No word here, just waiting.

@melz400

What is your status?

@Melz400
@TonyGman

That's great! Send the Police report as quickly as possible though. They will not process a visa for you unless there is a police record present. Oh and an original or certified copy is to be sent.

I'm still waiting for NVC to complete my case and send it to my consulate in Kingston, Jamaica. They are currently still processing it.

@Melz400

I already sent it with the certified translation - it was in the packet with everything else. I don't know if they lost it or what so I am going to resend it. I just requested another original of the certified translation...I figured that is better than sending a photocopy of it. So I hope to be able to send it out by early next week.

Thanks for your support and good luck to you!!

@Staticfade56
You should check if they lost it before sending another because it might just get tossed out. And yes, sending originals are better because you are suppose to get them back... well most of the time you do.

Hi everyone!

We are APPROVED. We got there at 8:55 am. Appointment was set at 9 am. Waited about 25 minutes. The guy called us and it was the same IO that gave me my citizenship test. I asked him If he remembered me and he laughed and said Hooney I do like 10-20 of these a day!. He went over all my hubby's info on the I485 form, asked when we got married and said you will recieve green card in the mail very shhortyl!!! I was in shock, it was great. We were in the room for less than 10 minutes. The same day like 3 hours later I got an email saying the card ordered and in production:)

I still can't believe it!!!

Thank you everyone for all your support!!!!

Hello Everyone

I have been reading here and learning about all different experiences, I do appreciate the high spirit of cooperation and help,

I want to share my case with you too since i filed at the same timing apparently and I need some answers to some questions please,

I am married to an american Citizen, She is currently in States. We got married in the US with a US marriage certification, currently I am outside us (Doha-Qatar), I was there on F1 visa but i finished my studies already, here is my info :

Feb 22, 2011 I-130 Petition for Alien Relative sent to USCIS, Chicago, IL
Feb 24, 2011 Receipt Date by USCIS
Feb 25, 2011 Notice of Action, Notice Date From USCIS
Jun 23, 2011 Notice of Action, USCIS, Approval notice, Papers sent to NVC
Aug 4, 2011 inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).The Agent of Choice (DS 3032) form and the Affidavit of Support Fee processing bill are being sent.

Does anybody on the same boat with me? what should I do next beside waiting? what papers should i prepare for that matter? what should I anticipate ?

Thanks and best of luck

Need help, badly.
Hi! So this is the situation, my mom is now a US citizen and she said that she will petition me. The case is that we have different surname, because she got married when i was 6 years old but she didn't change my surname. So my surname is her maiden name and also in my birth certiicate my mom's surname is still her surname when she's still single (which is my surname). Is it still possible for her to petition me? Can someone help because i need to know, because my mom won't tell me a single thing about the petition process.

Will you stop spamming the board with this nonsense!

Need help, badly.
Hi! So this is the situation, my mom is now a US citizen and she said that she will petition me. The case is that we have different surname, because she got married when i was 6 years old but she didn't change my surname. So my surname is her maiden name and also in my birth certiicate my mom's surname is still her surname when she's still single (which is my surname). Is it still possible for her to petition me? Can someone help because i need to know, because my mom won't tell me a single thing about the petition process.

Hi everyone!

We are APPROVED. We got there at 8:55 am. Appointment was set at 9 am. Waited about 25 minutes. The guy called us and it was the same IO that gave me my citizenship test. I asked him If he remembered me and he laughed and said Hooney I do like 10-20 of these a day!. He went over all my hubby's info on the I485 form, asked when we got married and said you will recieve green card in the mail very shhortyl!!! I was in shock, it was great. We were in the room for less than 10 minutes. The same day like 3 hours later I got an email saying the card ordered and in production:)

I still can't believe it!!!

Thank you everyone for all your support!!!!

Congratulations!!!

In the meantime gather the needed documents for the DS 230. Such as a police report, photocopy of biographic data of passport, certified copy of marriage certificate as well as divorce, birthcertificate (translated), barcoded coversheet and obviously your DS 230 part 1 form. Some people send the DS 230 part 2 as well but that's your choice. Personally, I was not barred from paying for the DS 230 as soon as I received my NVC case number so I'm guessing you can pay for your DS 230 form if your case is current and send in your documents.
Oh I forgot, you should definitely send in all the necessary documents for the Affidavit of support or I-864 form. You can do a quick search for what is necessary to be sent in with your I-864. Or, just call NVC. Hope this helps.

I have been reading here and learning about all different experiences, I do appreciate the high spirit of cooperation and help,

I want to share my case with you too since i filed at the same timing apparently and I need some answers to some questions please,

I am married to an american Citizen, She is currently in States. We got married in the US with a US marriage certification, currently I am outside us (Doha-Qatar), I was there on F1 visa but i finished my studies already, here is my info :

Feb 22, 2011 I-130 Petition for Alien Relative sent to USCIS, Chicago, IL
Feb 24, 2011 Receipt Date by USCIS
Feb 25, 2011 Notice of Action, Notice Date From USCIS
Jun 23, 2011 Notice of Action, USCIS, Approval notice, Papers sent to NVC
Aug 4, 2011 inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).The Agent of Choice (DS 3032) form and the Affidavit of Support Fee processing bill are being sent.

Does anybody on the same boat with me? what should I do next beside waiting? what papers should i prepare for that matter? what should I anticipate ?

Thanks and best of luck

Thanks Tony!

We got the GC in the mail on Wednesday 8/10/11 1 week and 1 day after the interview. Hubby & I were so happy--we both can't stop looking at it:)

I still can't belive it. I started crying the minute we walked out of the interview office....SUCCESS!!

THANK YOU GOD..

Another thing---

Don't know if this matters but the green card expires on 8/05/2021!

Does this mean it's not a temporary one? I can't believe they gave us a 10 year card! Anyone else have one of these bad boys??

Hmm, that's unusual. Ur such a lucky guy! I suppose its a USCIS error. At the interview did he walk you through how to convert from the temporary to permanent green card? If not I would think this is an error. I don't know however if you need to report it to them so you save yourself the $500+ that it will cost you for filing the removal of conditions.

Let the experts chime in on this one!

Another thing---

Don't know if this matters but the green card expires on 8/05/2021!

Does this mean it's not a temporary one? I can't believe they gave us a 10 year card! Anyone else have one of these bad boys??

Ananga73,

No he didn't explain any of that. I do think it's because we've been married for almost 4 years? All he said was you will recieve GC in the mail very shortly and we got it 8 days later!