Any February 2011 I-130/I-485 filer yet?. . .let's track progress.

@staticfade56
I unfortunately have no experience with the US embassy but you can always research what is expected on visajourney.com. Look in Consulate and find yours. Then click on portal and see the members and there experiences. You can take it from there.
I unfortunately have not been given my IL as yet but NVC says they have just about completed my case and will be sending to my embassy in Jamaica tomorrow or Monday... I was working with a partially brain-dead operator.

@Noella - congratulations!!!! I'm happy to hear everything worked out..even if it took a while. You have great patience!

@TonyGman and @Melz400

Great news! I called today in follow up to the Belgian Police Certificate and they said that now it is ok (too bad it wasted 15 days though!). So, they accepted our application! And now they are going to schedule our interview. It definitely won't be for September, but hopefully October.

Does anyone have experience with the lead time for the US embassy in Brussels or the interview process? Does the interview process overseas vary based on country or is it standard since they are all US embassies?

thanks!

Adding more info

[/QUOTE]
02/28/2011- Send I-130 & I-485
03/02/2011- Check was cash
03/07/2011- got NOA
07/01/2011- Req. from USCIS-additional evidence
08/11/2011- USCIS received the evidence
08/23/2011- still waiting for an answer.
[/QUOTE]

I only receipt the NOA for the I-130 but not for the I-485 and reviewing my bank account USCIS cash the entire money. Is it possible that they will send the receipt for the I-485 whenever they approve the I-130 form?

03/07/2011- got NOA
[/QUOTE]

I only receipt the NOA for the I-130 but not for the I-485 and reviewing my bank account USCIS cash the entire money. Is it possible that they will send the receipt for the I-485 whenever they approve the I-130 form?[/QUOTE]

So I find out that USCIS was sending the I-485 receipt but the post office always return back the mail saying that I was not leaving in that address. I called USCIS they give me my receipt number and told me that my case had been closed. Now I have to go to a local USCIS to reopen my case. Back to step one :-(

@TonyGman
@Melz400

We received our Interview Letter information today! It is scheduled for October 20. I have to call tomorrow to reschedule it because we will be on vacation that week. Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Good luck to everyone!

Me too! I got the Interview Letter today!!! I'm gonna reschedule as well to an earlier 1 due to circumstances. I hope they accept my plea.
And, CONGRATS!!!!
@TonyGman
@Melz400

We received our Interview Letter information today! It is scheduled for October 20. I have to call tomorrow to reschedule it because we will be on vacation that week. Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Good luck to everyone!

@nattacs

Do you have any idea why your petition is taking so long? I have not read your case or statuses but this is pretty ridiculous. What status do you fall under with USCIS?

03/07/2011- got NOA

I only receipt the NOA for the I-130 but not for the I-485 and reviewing my bank account USCIS cash the entire money. Is it possible that they will send the receipt for the I-485 whenever they approve the I-130 form?[/QUOTE]

So I find out that USCIS was sending the I-485 receipt but the post office always return back the mail saying that I was not leaving in that address. I called USCIS they give me my receipt number and told me that my case had been closed. Now I have to go to a local USCIS to reopen my case. Back to step one :-([/QUOTE]

@nattacs

Do you have any idea why your petition is taking so long? I have not read your case or statuses but this is pretty ridiculous. What status do you fall under with USCIS?

I only receipt the NOA for the I-130 but not for the I-485 and reviewing my bank account USCIS cash the entire money. Is it possible that they will send the receipt for the I-485 whenever they approve the I-130 form?

So I find out that USCIS was sending the I-485 receipt but the post office always return back the mail saying that I was not leaving in that address. I called USCIS they give me my receipt number and told me that my case had been closed. Now I have to go to a local USCIS to reopen my case. Back to step one :-([/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

@Melz400
Just to make my story short, I marry an american citizen.
Feb. 25- Sent I-130, I-485, (+ other forms)
Feb. 28- Applications received by USCIS
March 2- USCIS mail the notification
March 7- Received NOA for I-130
July 1- Received a request of more info from USCIS (regarding to I-130)
August 8- Send papers request by USCIS
August 11- USCIS received- Still revising my case on the I-130
August 26- Called USCIS to check about the form I-485 (USCIS: case was closed b/c I never received the receipt for it)
Sept 7- appoitment @ my Local USCIS to discuss about my cases.
I believe that everything is taking long b/c I never received the receipt from the form I-485 (or whenever USCIS send it to my address, It got return by my local post office saying that I wasn't living in the address given).
I hope everything goes well in the appointment on Sept 7th.

@nattacs

That's very unfortunate. Have you sent a hardcopy notice of the change in address? Or even an email. Those people prefer hardcopy but I would send both. Additionally, I really hope it works out for you because I know how hard it is to wait especially to be with the ones you love.

@nattacs

That's very unfortunate. Have you sent a hardcopy notice of the change in address? Or even an email. Those people prefer hardcopy but I would send both. Additionally, I really hope it works out for you because I know how hard it is to wait especially to be with the ones you love.

@ Melz400
Yes we did, we send a hard copy of different documents with the change of address (car insurance w/ both names, bank statements, utility bills, etc).

Grats to Melz and Staticfade for the October Interview dates ;)

Ours is this week and she is nervous......... any tips for us?

Looks like we have 2 Sept Intv dates and 2 in October...Lets make this 4 for 4 !!!

@TonyGman:
Just be honest on all you answers and remain calm, don't let the officer intimidate you!

Feb. 25- Sent I-130, I-485, (+ other forms)
Feb. 28- Applications received by USCIS
March 2- USCIS mail the notification
March 7- Received NOA for I-130
July 1- Received a request of more info from USCIS (regarding to I-130)
August 8- Send papers request by USCIS
August 11- USCIS received- Still revising my case on the I-130
August 26- Called USCIS to check about the form I-485 (USCIS: case was closed b/c I never received the receipt for it)
Sep. 6- received NOA- Biometrics
Sep. 15- Biometric appoitment (finally!!!:D)
Tomorrow Sep. 7th I have an appointment @ my local Infopass to reopen my case (form I-485) Wish me luck!!!

ALL DONE!!!!!

Visa in Hand!!

Will give details later if I see people are still following here, Cheers.

Congrats TonyGman! I am glad things worked out all good for you too! You guys could now be together :)

Do post the details and don't worry is people are following or not. It will surely help a lot of others who will apply in the future and go through this thread for guidance.

:D OMG! CONGRATULATIONS TonyGman!!!!! Woot! Woot!
So tell us what your experience was like. What questions did they ask and what did they want from you (document-wise).
I'm doing my medical on MONDAY!!!! I'm so nervous!!!!!