March 2010 Family based filers, post here.

I got my green card production email after the interview...like 20 mins after i left the building complex..

Congrats singh57,
Had a quick question, in your interview exprience - you mentioned that the IO asked you guys "what you have in common" - did that mean common between you guys to click and get married or assets in common?

Congrats singh57,
Had a quick question, in your interview exprience - you mentioned that the IO asked you guys "what you have in common" - did that mean common between you guys to click and get married or assets in common?

Yeah that got us confused too..but she was referring to whether we belong to same religion, etc......we told her how we met 4 yrs b4 our marriage, and shared common values back then which bought us together....I think she was not questioning but rather just chatting. The environment was quite laid back overall, or maybe we were not at all nervous given our marriage being long b4 we planned on settling in US. Also, i went in my Military uniform, and IO took my and wife's Military ID and federal insurance as strong proofs of our marriage. Overall we were well treated except for the end part where she kinda mumbled that we wud receive mail in 30 days, never using the word "approval" or mentioning what we wud receive in mail!!

Congrats guys! Great success stories from everyone this week, hopefully it will extend to Oro tomorrow and Jason79 on Monday too. Don't be nervous and don't practice too much, just remember to take every document you think you might need. And if the IO does not expressly tell you that you are approved, don't worry!!!!!

Green Card approved!

Thanks TKD, just a quick update. We went through the interview today in Miami and got approved. The officer said the card will show up in the mail soon. I will post more details later.

P.S. I received my advanced parole in the mail after I came back from the interview. Can I still use it?

We recd. "further review" on the day of our interview on 6/7. We recd. a letter on 6/9 requesting these two things
1. medical tests records on the newer 2009 form (not the medical tests themselves, just the results on the new form)
2. mine (petitioner's) biographic details on G325A.

1. Here's the story with medical form as far as I understood. USCIS changed the forms in Oct 2009 with one additional test for TB called IGRA test.
But there is an option to do TST test or IGRA test and clearly it says on USCIS page that if you have taken TST test you can use June 2009 version of the form.
When we spoke with the doc's office, they had 3 such cases. We decided it was not worth our time to argue with USCIS about the correctness of our procedure.

2. I am guessing they needed my G325A because we had filed my wife's I130 back in 2007 and it was approved in 2009. That's why I didn't send my G325 when we applied
for her I485. But I guess they want to see it again...

we shipped both the docs ASAP. Hope we hear from them soon.

Green Card approved !!

Thanks TKD, just got back from the appointment, and was approved. I will post more details later.

So here's our interview experience in Miami:

We arrived at the office 45 mins prior to the interview. There were quite a few people (10-20) with an appointment at 1. The security wouldn't allow us to wait in the lobby so we had to wait outside (it was 93 degrees out). I guess we shouldn't have gone so early but we just didn't want to be late.

We went through the security at about 1:00 and met our officer at about 1:30. He was pretty professional but not too chatty. After the oath, he asked if we had more shared documents to show him, so we gave him the new lease, new joint car insurance and joint bank statement. He asked us why we had a court house wedding, why my parents didn't come to our wedding, and why we didn't have a honeymoon. I got a little nervous but I explained that we wanted to have a big wedding in my home country and the place we want to go for our honeymoon is also in my home country. He seemed okay with it, but asked if we can show him our wedding bands. He actually had us take off our bands and was checking them very carefully (not sure what he was checking for...).

He asked if we have pictures to show him. We submitted about 15 pics when we sent in the application, but he couldn't find any of them in the file, luckily we brought copies, and we also had an awesome photo album that our brother in law made for us, and he liked it, pointing at some pics and asked where it was and that went well.

He asked if we currently have other roommates, where did my husband live previously, when's my date of birth, how do I support myself, what's my phone number, do we plan to have kids etc. Also, he asked literally every Yes/No question except one.

It was pretty smooth and he was about to tell us the decision, but the fire alarm suddenly went off and everyone was evacuated to the outside of the building. Some kid had pressed the fire alarm for fun but we had to wait for the fire rescue to check the whole building. After we got back in the building, our officer told us we were approved with the conditional green card. He took my I-94 and had me sign the paper. It was a longer and harder interview than I expected it to be, but we are so grateful that it is approved.

Around 8:00 that night we received the green card production email.

green card received!

Hi guys. :)

I just got my green card today. Good luck to everybody else still waiting for interviews and approvals. I hope all of you get your green cards soon! :D

Hey guys, just wanted to say how appreciative I am of this site, I have been watching it ever since I send our application in March. I did my interview yesterday and got my approval, my passport was stamped and a couple hours after I recieved my Card Production Ordered email. Hope everyone will have the same result.

Hello guys please help i have not recieved any EAD and my interview is nest work why is that thanks

Can you put a signature in your profile so that we can help you? Its hard to even suggest anything without having an idea about your case.

We went to the interview yesterday and I got approved for the green card. The interview was smooth and easy. Waiting time 10 minutes and interview less than 15 minutes. The lady officer vey nice. She spent most of the time playing with my 3 years old son and 7 months old daughter. She just verified our name, address, employment, date of marriage. She asked me that Have I ever been arrest or deport from US. She congrats me at the end and said that I will received 10 years GC in the mail soon. She gave me the Approval letter and stamped my passport. Most of the time we were chatting about her family and our kids. Very easy interview.

03/29/2010 Day 1.....Mailed I-130, I-485, etc
03/31/2010 Day 2.....USCIS confirming receipt of application.
04/12/2010 Day 14...Received NOA
04/16/2010 Day 18...Received biometrics letter for 4/26
04/26/2010 Day 28...Biometrics is done
05/19/2010 Day 51...Received IL for 6/17
06/17/2010 Day 78...Approved with the approval notice letter and Permanent Resident Stamp on passport

Phil10

We didn't receive our EAD till 4 days after the interview and recd the AP on the day of the interview.