I-751

Replacement NOA

Hello!

I have not received my NOA yet.
I filed for I751 On Feb, 22 thru VERMONT Center.

Could anybody tell me the best way to ask for
replacement NOA?

Phone or letter to Vermont?

Thank you very much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi

My wife and I have been married for over three years, but this marriage just doesn’t work anymore and I’m thinking about divorcing her. In a few months I have to file the I-751 for removal of marriage condition at June 2007 and I’m thinking about applying for the waiver of joint filing requirement. But if I divorce now, divorce not will be final by the time I have to file the I-751. Do they provide an extension if my divorce is not yet final? Also, do most of these cases get approved if the marriage ended in divorce, even proving that it was in good faith? Does it make a big difference if I'm the one that wants to get a divorce but she doesn't?

If I were you, I wouldn't risk it. Dealing with USCIS and going through their lengthy procedures is very painful, and if you make a wrong turn, it could take years to fix it. It's only a few more months before you can file I751 (and you can file it at most 90 days before your conditional greencard's 2 yr aniversary). Why don't you just wait? It took me only 5 weeks from the time that I filed my I751 to the time I received the approval notice (and GC 2 weeks after that).

When can I file for N-400 (married to USC)

I married a USC in Nov 03 and applied for GC. After more than 3 years, I finally had my 2nd interview and got my passport stamped today (temporary I-551). I have yet to get my GC in hand.

I have read up and it seems as I got my GC after 3 years, it is not a conditional GC. What I want to know is when can I file for Citizenship (the articles seem to state 3 years from the time or marriage but in other places 3 years from the time of GC)?

Thanks in advance!

I married a USC in Nov 03 and applied for GC. After more than 3 years, I finally had my 2nd interview and got my passport stamped today (temporary I-551). I have yet to get my GC in hand.

I have read up and it seems as I got my GC after 3 years, it is not a conditional GC. What I want to know is when can I file for Citizenship (the articles seem to state 3 years from the time or marriage but in other places 3 years from the time of GC)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I was wondering if you could tell what they asked your last interview (the Removal of conditions interview ) I have mine in a week and I'm a little bit nervous. Thank you !!

You have to be married to a US citizen for 3 years and you must have held PR status for 3 years (sans 90 days) for early N-400 qualification.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I was wondering if you could tell what they asked your last interview (the Removal of conditions interview ) I have mine in a week and I'm a little bit nervous. Thank you !!

Hey Sally,

This was our 2nd interview in 3 years with the same officer. The officer started by telling us that they remembered interviewing the 2 of us (my wife and I). But the officer still wanted to see all the proof:

1) proof of residence, driving license, photos of trips/marriage, health isurance cards, W-2s
2) other questions pertained to how we met (she had asked us before)

and basically that was it. We were really relaxed and I did joke with the officer a couple of times specially when she made jokes about how "we might think that INS had lost our files for the past 3 years".

Good Luck!!

You have to be married to a US citizen for 3 years and you must have held PR status for 3 years (sans 90 days) for early N-400 qualification.

Thanks. So I have been married to a US citizen for 3 1/2 years but as I got my PR approved only on Arpil 10, 2007, I guess I will have to wait until 2010 to apply based on min. 3 years on PR status.

Documents to attach with 751

Yeah, I saw that the page was updated again. And then today I got my approval notice, no interview required. Good stuff! :)

Those of you who got their 751 approved, can you please list the documents you sent with your application to remove the condition? They might be looking for some specific documents to prove the continued relationship. This could be very helpful for ones who are planning to file soon, like me.

Thanks,
Maruf

I-751 and travel

Hello,
I was hoping that I won't have to deal with USCIS for a while after I got GC, however those two years went by fast.. so here I'm back on this board for questions regarding the I-751. My 90 day started on Apr 11, so I hope to get the form out by this weekend, hopefully that's not going to be a problem. Also, can I travel outside the country if I've already submitted this form? I read that if you have the NOA, you can, is that correct and how long does it take to get an NOA after the forms are submitted? Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Thank you

The NOA will extend your work and travel authorizations for a year. You should receive your NOA in 2-6 weeks. I got mine in 8 days in mid-2005 from NSC.

Hello,
I was hoping that I won't have to deal with USCIS for a while after I got GC, however those two years went by fast.. so here I'm back on this board for questions regarding the I-751. My 90 day started on Apr 11, so I hope to get the form out by this weekend, hopefully that's not going to be a problem. Also, can I travel outside the country if I've already submitted this form? I read that if you have the NOA, you can, is that correct and how long does it take to get an NOA after the forms are submitted? Any help or comments would be appreciated.
Thank you

wow April 11, so is mine, im hoping to submit the full package by this coming Monday, still waiting on a few more affidavits and thats it.

Affadavit should contain the following from a friend or relative who knows you together.
1) How they have come to know you? Through office, church, kids activities etc.

2) How long they have known you?

3) Have they done things together with you, such as going to movies, plays etc, or having dinner?

4) Where they were born?

5) They should state that they are telling the whole truth. They are willing to testify in front of immigration officer if necessary.

6) It should contain the signatures, date, their address, phone number.

According to my cousin, who is an AILA lawyer, affidavits are considered the weakest class of "proof" one can submit for I-751s. USCIS gives most weight to financial cohabitation.

Hi,

Did you have your interview yet? please share ur experience once its over :)
On a different note, I am still not able to find a single interview experience here for I-751 (separate petition based on divorce).

According to my cousin, who is an AILA lawyer, affidavits are considered the weakest class of "proof" one can submit for I-751s. USCIS gives most weight to financial cohabitation.
Yes i understand they are considered the weakest proof available but still they do have some effect on the officer even a bit, so i guess that is the reason i am trying to gather all the proofs either strong or weak

I had my " removal of conditions interview "

Did you have your interview yet? please share ur experience once its over :)
On a different note, I am still not able to find a single interview experience here for I-751 (separate petition based on divorce).

We had the interview to get my permanent resident card (removal of conditions) last week.
We sent the application February 2006 (2 months before the 2years anniversary of getting my green card). In August 2006 we got a letter saying that they needed more evidence (I don't know why because my lawyer said we had enough). We sent the same evidence in October 2006. Then in December 2006 we got a letter saying that my case was transfered to another office and we will be expecting a date for interview. We got our interview appt date on March.
We had pretty much all the evidence they asked for: Health insurance together, joint car insurance, leases of appartments we lived on under both names,taxes the last 4 years together, doctor bills with the same address, some bills, but We didn't have: Joint bank account, Joint loan or property under both names, bills on both names.
The interview went very smooth, The officer was very nice from the beginning, He asked how is the marriage going, we said perfect, He asked if we are planning to have kids, we said yes. He asked for the last 3 years taxes, for the lease on the apparment we are leaving now. At the same time he was going through the papers, he asked about our address and were we work. Then he said that everything looked ok, that he didn't know why we were asked for an interview, that he assumed it was because we moved a few times and that some documents seemed to have different addresses. He didn't ask to see pictures or christmas cards or other things that we had brought.
He stamped my passport and I had to go to get the biometrics done.
It was much much easier than what I expected the interview to be.
I hope this can help somebody and good luck !!!
sallybell

We had the interview to get my permanent resident card (removal of conditions) last week.
We sent the application February 2006 (2 months before the 2years anniversary of getting my green card). In August 2006 we got a letter saying that they needed more evidence (I don't know why because my lawyer said we had enough). We sent the same evidence in October 2006. Then in December 2006 we got a letter saying that my case was transfered to another office and we will be expecting a date for interview. We got our interview appt date on March.
We had pretty much all the evidence they asked for: Health insurance together, joint car insurance, leases of appartments we lived on under both names,taxes the last 4 years together, doctor bills with the same address, some bills, but We didn't have: Joint bank account, Joint loan or property under both names, bills on both names.
The interview went very smooth, The officer was very nice from the beginning, He asked how is the marriage going, we said perfect, He asked if we are planning to have kids, we said yes. He asked for the last 3 years taxes, for the lease on the apparment we are leaving now. At the same time he was going through the papers, he asked about our address and were we work. Then he said that everything looked ok, that he didn't know why we were asked for an interview, that he assumed it was because we moved a few times and that some documents seemed to have different addresses. He didn't ask to see pictures or christmas cards or other things that we had brought.
He stamped my passport and I had to go to get the biometrics done.
It was much much easier than what I expected the interview to be.
I hope this can help somebody and good luck !!!
sallybell

Congrats!