YYZ vs Peace Bridge

Hi all,

I've heard from many that YYZ is particularly difficult for TN visa applications; is this true? Would there be an advantage to trying the Peace Bridge instead?

And if I cross at the Peace Bridge, am I able to do so on foot, and then catch a taxi/Uber on the Buffalo side?

Are you living in US or Canada. If in canada, you need to fly out of YYZ to get a TN.

I am a Canadian resident. Can't I make my application as I cross into the United States at the Peace Bridge POE? I will be catching an Uber on the other side to Buffalo, where I will fly to New York (where my job is.)

@laundry:
Yes, you can. I was referring to getting a TN at YYZ, which you can only get if flying out of the country. Why not just fly from YYZ to New York?

I've also heard the above - fwiw I flew from Toronto to Newark and got my TN 2 years ago at the Newark customs office. Not sure if it's the same now though. The first time I got my TN it was at the land border in the Niagara region. 2 years ago the immigration lawyer recommended Newark bc at the time land borders were stricter so I went that route.

Not sure how that's changed now so would be curious to see what others say.

Also - I'd be curious about the border crossing by foot part also --- what bridges in the Niagara region allow crossing by foot for TN applications? Has anyone done that?

thank you!!

@CdnVa
Not getting the TN at YYZ when flying to US is VERY unusual. That is the whole purpose of having US CBP at YYZ and other Cdn airports; once you land in US you do not encounter CBP. In 20 years this is the first I've heard of it -- Unless you flying out of Island airport
Could you elaborate on how you proceeded, both at YYZ and at EWR? I'm curios.

@latenight
But once you factor someone driving you to border, and Uber from border to BUF, is it worth it?

@CdnVa
Not getting the TN at YYZ when flying to US is VERY unusual. That is the whole purpose of having US CBP at YYZ and other Cdn airports; once you land in US you do not encounter CBP. In 20 years this is the first I've heard of it -- Unless you flying out of Island airport
Could you elaborate on how you proceeded, both at YYZ and at EWR? I'm curios.

@latenight
But once you factor someone driving you to border, and Uber from border to BUF, is it worth it?
Correct. I always fly Porter airlines from the city airport to Newark. Encounter customs at Newark upon landing.

Yes, thanks for clarifying, as to say "Toronto", when the discussion was involving YYZ was misleading.

I agree that for a person living in TO needing a TN and going directly to work in US, going to the airport is much better right now than shuffling to Buffalo using three means on conveyance!