Your understnading of the Immigration Bill

foxytone

Registered Users (C)
First of all let me apologize for posting in the wrong section, its just that this is the one that I am most familiar with and the individuals who regularly post here seem to be very insightful and informative. My question is what is your insight on the bill that congress is attempting to pass? Does it mean that illegal aliens will no longer be able to adjust status through a family member or is it only for those illegal aliens who are here and have no other means of adjusting? I also read that it is possible that if you are here less than 5 years you may be required to leave and then apply for ....( i am not sure). Again I will like to knwo if this is mostly for those individuals who are here illegally and do not intend to adjust through a family member or are inelligible to do so. Thank you for your responses.

This bill is for aliens who have a job and their employer will sigh for them. If you have a immediate family member then you can adjust under section 245i and this bill has no bearing on family based petition.

As per the initial announcement the details are not out yet.
if you are in the US illegall

1-2 years: You have to go back and get in line and try to get a VISA ( ya sure)

If you here 2-5 years: You have to go back but you have a special category "guest visa" and apply and when this visa is issued you come.

If you are here more than 5 years: You can apply for guest visa for the US and need not go back.

Wait for the details caz a lot has to be decided and the devil is in the details.

Best of Luck.

I was also wondering if for those individuals who are out of status are also included as person above mentioned. I would believe illegal is illegal.

Yes, people who are out of status is also included. It includes everyone here who is not authorised to be here i.e. with a visa or without a visa.

bps01 said:
Yes, people who are out of status is also included. It includes everyone here who is not authorised to be here i.e. with a visa or without a visa.

This is insane!!! :eek: Now the legal would wish he has been illegal!! The bill should have made it harder for illegals to live around here and for the legals ones to have their paperwork processed on a timely fashion....insane... :eek: