Your Thoughts

waitingvsc1

Registered Users (C)
1) In lieu of the delay on the FBI Record Check , What if a person, before applying for his citizenship (e.g. 6 months before) talks to the FBI and submit a request to do a record check on him and have it ready in hand till he apply for citizenship, hence cutting the delay by at least half the time?

2) Could a Record Check be faster for a person who travels every year, ( His name is already checked and processed against all the databases of APIS and other databases for possible hit )?

Could scenario 1 realistically happen? In addition, is option 2 a correct argument?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummmm i dont think so... if that was the case then uscis would ask the applicant to provide FBI name check or whatever they check to provide with application OR at the time of interview. but i guess this is very critical process . did u fax FBI to find out about ur name check result??? is it still pending...??? good luck.

waitingvsc1 said:
1) In lieu of the delay on the FBI Record Check , What if a person, before applying for his citizenship (e.g. 6 months before) talks to the FBI and submit a request to do a record check on him and have it ready in hand till he apply for citizenship, hence cutting the delay by at least half the time?

2) Could a Record Check be faster for a person who travels every year, ( His name is already checked and processed against all the databases of APIS and other databases for possible hit )?

Could scenario 1 realistically happen? In addition, is option 2 a correct argument?

You have become paranoid!! ;)

1) USCIS submits name check reques via cable/tape to FBI. Your personal request has no effect to them. IT HAS TO BE OFFICIAL. Could you enter a country with a Photo copy of your passport ? Even though it contains the same info, the original is the Official. Just like that

2) Who said that the records dissemenation div of FBI does a name check on people that travel (fly i assume)?

3) Wait for my primer on name check that i hope to put out soon on this forum. I dealt with these folks for 5 months and did something almost every single day and have learnt quiet a bit about the process

3) Wait for my primer on name check that i hope to put out soon on this forum. I dealt with these folks for 5 months and did something almost every single day and have learnt quiet a bit about the process[/QUOTE]

Rahul... yaar... today is sat and tomorow sunday..( weekend ).

Post ur fbi name check saga ... so we can get lesson. i dont know about my namecheck...i would like to know... just waiting for ur experience.

Thanks, shukriya, dhannaywaad.

What is the difference?

Is it correct to assume that "name check" and "background (record) check" is the same thing? If they are different, could please some one explain? Thanks.

akarim

An INS background check is performed for every individual applying for US citizenship. The Immigration and Naturalization Services, now the USCIS, conduct these investigations with the help of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. When you are applying for naturalization, you are required to attend a finger printing session. These finger prints are used to run your background check.

An INS Background Check can be held up for many different reasons. When an applicant misses their appointment, and fails to reschedule another one with the immigration offices, the application can be severely delayed. Another reason for a lengthy process may be when the applicants do not follow the finger print session instructions carefully. This can result in unacceptable print results, and the FBI will not be able to conduct the investigation.

The INS background check must be completed with positive results before a person will be granted US citizenship. If the FBI discovers any fraud on the part of an applicant, they can be charged with criminal acts, or immediately deported. If you have questions about what is considered fraudulent, you should take a look at the application requirements and make sure you are honest with all of your answers.

Reasons for INS Background Check
The US has very strict rules about admitting immigrants with criminal records. Any applicants who have felonies on their record will more than likely be denied citizenship. This process also protects the United States against future crimes, including acts of terrorism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shaky:

Thanks for your explanation. From your info, it seems that fingerprint check means they are checking your background for any ciriminal records. But what about name check? Is it something different? How is that done and how long that takes? Thanks.