Your Suggestion

ladka

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

We were ready to fill for N-400. But my wife lost her green card and we are waiting for her new green card to arriver.

I am thinking to send my N-400 now and send my wife’s N-400 later, when her green card arrives. What you guys think? You recommend sending both applications at the same time? Or it is ok to send separately? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you for your help.
Ladka

Hi all,

We were ready to fill for N-400. But my wife lost her green card and we are waiting for her new green card to arriver.

I am thinking to send my N-400 now and send my wife’s N-400 later, when her green card arrives. What you guys think? You recommend sending both applications at the same time? Or it is ok to send separately? What are the pros and cons?

Thank you for your help.
Ladka

It's ok to send them seperately, but it becomes more of a hassle during processing since your PD (priority date) , FP (fingerprint date) , ID (interview date) won't be the same.

I guess you don't have a photo copy of your wife's GC?

There is a section in N400 Part 8.E.2 where it asks for spouse's A- Number. Do you know the new A number will be same as old one. When we get new credit card after theft the number is different. Not sure what USCIS does.

Otherwise it is perfectly ok for one family member to apply and another later. All notice, IL, OL will anyway separately arrive. Me and my wife applied together, but our dates for all above was different. So there is no guarantee you will attend together anyway. The advantage is the delays are getting longer and it is better to get into the pipeline sooner than later.

Bobsmyth

Thanks for your reply. We just have copy of front side of the greencard. But not the back side. Looks like they want both sides. Thats what is killing us.

Thanks
Ladka