Your input: Pririty dates for EB3

mkiran

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I have been hearing the priority dates are going to be current
the next year 2001. As far as 485 EB3 dates are not
moving much. Anyone hearing any news or throw some light on that.

My labor EB3 PD 10/99
Currently EB3 is at 03/97. I know a lot of people
are ahead of me.

Just want to know your input

No Title

I have the information that INS is going to revise PDs on Jan 14 2001 for all the catagory and major impact will be on EB3

No Title

DesiAmerican my lawyer also says the same thing that next month EB3 Pds will be moved dramatically because of unused Visa numbers and AC-21 lets hope so

No Title

I thought that DOL is responsible for movement of priority dates based on INS request.Where do you get this info??

No Title

Bhanu Kuchibhotla how do we know that how many # have been used up and how many left also when do they get the fresh quota (like H1b in Oct.)
Thanks

No Title

Hello,

As far as my knowledge, DOS only indicates the availability of numbers by the PD cut off dates. They don\'t issue numbers statistics to public when they release monthly bulletins. The fresh quota for Immigrant petitions (Immigrant visa numbers) begin every October like other (nonimmigrant )visa allocations. The fiscal year for INS overall is October every year.

Hope this helps.

No Title

this is a selfish question (i apologize in advance) but if someone is waiting with pd current i.e. eb2 ND november, is it going to make differnce in approval time if eb3 became current. i was badly burnt when in aug 99 pd became current for all, if it did not, i would be LONG approved by now.
please dont flame, i am just stating a fact.

No Title

Domino effect is basically what you may referring to and in my opinion it is not avoidable. EB3 as the preference states is always after Eb2. In my whole immigration process experience, I haven\'t seen the dates for Eb2 cutoff after Eb3 dates (although possible if there are too many EB2). However, your assumption that since every category became current your approval didn\'t come through may be quite close to being FALSE. As I said, domino effect is virtually unavoidable but that should not be squarely blamed because in the due course the domino effect applies to every application either it may be H1, LC or I485 or anything else... remember it\'s one and only one INS (inefficient national service)... with one motto "We don\'t care and you can\'t do anything about it!".

my 2 cents...

No Title

it is very FAR from FALSE, had there been no flood of "artificially current" applications in august and september, there would be no freeze on finger prints, no thousands of applications to process (and may be put aside till date gets current) but most certainly, it would have better for some of us, if the dates had not been artificially made current. it may have been justified if they were truly current, atleast they would get approval, now but neither they get approval and the whole concept of priority i.e. kind of to preserve order of getting GC within the categories would have been preserved.

No Title

with due respect to your opinions, I again respectfully disagree. However, there\'s one fact which we all agree on, it sure takes heck of a lot of time for whatever reasons which is evidently many.

No Title

I agree with "nervous"

If you are a PD 96/97 person who applied in Mar 2000 or later, you would have to WAIT while they processed the applications of PD 98/99 persons which were accepted when the PDs became temporarily current (which would otherwise not have been accepted in the first place).

So nervous\'s point of the violation of the concept of priority is correct in some sense at least.

No Title

Bhanu,

I think "nervous" and I are thinking of the following scenario:

Our PDs are OLD - 95/96/97
Our LC was SLOW - I485 applied for in 2000( say Jan 2000).
If the PDs had not been current then INS would have had far FEWER I485s to process in Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec.
So the movement of the I485 ND being processed would move forward faster and reach Jan 2000, Feb 2000 etc faster.

Its hard on the guys who got their labor cleared fast if PDs dont move.
Its hard on the guys who got their labor cleared slow and PDs moved up suddenly (as it did) AND I485s are processed by ND (as indeed they are).

No Title

Guys your thinking make sense but what about visa # avilability? Do you think INS will keep on processing 485s even if Visas are not available for that perticular catagory?

Your thinking in this direction will be much appriciated.

No Title

Interesting question - experts please reply

I always thought that the 485 acceptance meant that a visa was available, and was allocated to the applicant(s).

If this is not true we have three parameters to think about:
- priority date
- 485 notification date
- visa availability

So if "visa is unavailable" can ANY priority date be current - meaning can it be processed by INS (to completion) ?

No Title

Thanks for your reply RK but looking at some postings earlier INS puts the file on side after processing 485 and some time sends a deniel mentionig Visa # not avilable ( I am going by some postings since I myself do not have a clue) but we actually don\'t know what is happening at INS / VSC so in order to figure out some way or method to track I am encouraging every body to ask this question to their lawyers and friends and post here for SOME CONCLUSION.

At this point we all are guessing.
Every body\'s input is appriciated and thanks again.

No Title

DesiAmerican,

Where did you get your "information" from - your lawyers?

No Title

From my understanding lots of visa numbers will be available(once INS starts to give credit to the new law) by taking from other country\'s leftover quota and by taking from last years. When calculating this number with the number of applicants, INS may conclude that anybody having PD around 99 OCT EB3/ 00 OCT EB2(just a date or even may be current accordingly) will be able to get GC from the quota available. So the cutoff may go to that date. Leave alone the processing time which may mount to 1040 - 2040, which drops back to the same waiting state.

Everything is what I understood. Hope I am not totally in the wrong direction.

No Title

Thanks ranjan it is convincing and probably true since there are lot of countries who donot have even 100 applicants and has quota of 10K...

Well hope this happens fast...

No Title

Friends,
looks like the priority dates for EB3 did not move much at all.
It looks like its gonna be a long wait.
Appreciate your input and any comments please.