your help

dbeyene

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends!

I am new for the forum, after reading some of the forums I found that this site is very help for guys like me. A brief summary of my background is as follows:

1. Right now I am a postdoc in a university in the US with J1 visa. My all degrees including my PhD are from outside of US.
2. I have 5 published papers and four conf. Papers, most of them are in 2006. My papers cited twice.
3. I am a reviewer for one of the Journals in my field area and recently I have reviewed a conf. paper.

I have the following questions; hope I can get some good answer.

1. Do I qualify for NIW program? If that is the case which category of NIW is suitable for me?

2. Do anyone can suggest me which way is better, weather to hire a lawyer or to prepare my case by my own?

3. Can any body suggest me a good lawyer, and the range of the price for the case like mine?

I appreciate your help and if you have any further advice please don’t hesitate from forwarding to me

Thanks.

Hi friends!

I am new for the forum, after reading some of the forums I found that this site is very help for guys like me. A brief summary of my background is as follows:

1. Right now I am a postdoc in a university in the US with J1 visa. My all degrees including my PhD are from outside of US.
2. I have 5 published papers and four conf. Papers, most of them are in 2006. My papers cited twice.
3. I am a reviewer for one of the Journals in my field area and recently I have reviewed a conf. paper.

I have the following questions; hope I can get some good answer.

1. Do I qualify for NIW program? YOU HAVE ASSESS YOU CAREER TO SEE WHETHER YOU QUALIFY FOR NIW. NIW MEANS NATIONAL INTEREST WAIVER THAT MEANS THAT YOUR PRESENCE IS IN NATIONAL INTEREST. SO BY THIS THEY MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO PROVE TO THEM THAT YOUR WORK IS OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE. SEE FOR YOURSELF IF IT IS OR NOT AND THEN MAKE A STRONG CASE. If that is the case which category of NIW is suitable for me? THERE IS NO SUB-CATEGORY IN NIW. NIW ITSELF IS A PART OF EB-2 CATEGORY IN EB BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS

2. Do anyone can suggest me which way is better, weather to hire a lawyer or to prepare my case by my own? I FIRST DID NIW MYSELF. GOT APPROVED. AND LATER FILED EB-1A MYSELF. GOT APROVED. WHETHER YOU WANT TO HIRE A LAWYER OR NOT IS TOTALLY YOUR DECISION, IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT. AGAIN YOU HAVE ASSESS YOUR WRITING CAPABILITIES & START THINKING LIKE AN ATTORNEY. IF YOU CAN DO THAT THEN YOU CAN VERY WELL PRESENT A SOLID CASE. HAVING NUMBER OF PAPERS DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING, JUSTIFYING EVEN A SINGLE GOOD PAPER TO MATCH NIW CATEGORY IS OF MOST IMPORTANCE. ALSO TAKE CARE TO FULFILL ALL THEY WANT FROM YOU. PROVIDE EVIDENCE IN BEST POSSIBLE EASILY UNDERSTANDABLE FASHION SO THAT EVEN AN UNDERWORKED, LAZY MORON CAN UNDERSTAND IT AND DOESNOT HAVE TO MOVE HIS BUTT TO ADJUDICATE YOUR CASE. THIS WILL BE GOOD FOR YOU. DON'T HAVE ANY RESEVATIONS THAT I WONT DO THIS OR THAT, OR I WILL JUST CLAIM 3 POINTS AS WRITTEN IN APPLICTION. TRY TO CLAIM AS MANY STRONG POINTS AS POSSIBLE. DONT GIVE THEM AN OPPORTUNITY TO FIND A FAULT IN YOUR APPLICATION OR ALLOW THEM TO FIND AN EXCUSE TO DENY IT.

3. Can any body suggest me a good lawyer, and the range of the price for the case like mine? HOW ABOUT RAJEEV KHANNA, I THINK HE I AMONG BEST ONES OR WWW.MURTHY.COM. I THINK THE PRICE RANGE FOR MOST OF THEM IN CURRENT TIMES IS BETWEEN $4000-1000. THERE ARE ALSO SOME SITES SELLING DIY KITS I DONT KNOW HOW HELFUL THEY ARE. I HAVE VEN SEEN SOME SITES SELLING REF LETTERS. ALSO SOME PEOPLE TAKE ANOTHER ROUTE THAT THEY MAKE THEIR CASE ON THEIR OWN, DO ALL THE HARD WORK AND LATER GIVE A LAWYER $1000 TO REVIEW IT FROM AN ATTORNEY, SOO HOW MUCH GREEN YOU HAVE AND HOW MUCH GREEN U R WILLING TO SHELL OUT.
I appreciate your help and if you have any further advice please don’t hesitate from forwarding to me
ALL THE BEST

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I FIRST DID NIW MYSELF. GOT APPROVED. AND LATER FILED EB-1A MYSELF"

What is the difference between these two steps, i realy coudn't understand

I applied in NIW category in my first attempt and got approval letter. BUt my luck that I am from a retrogressed country so the priority dates got retrogressed. So my 485 will not be processed till visa numbers are available for my country.
To avoid such problem I applied for my 2nd I-140 in EB-1A category, again filed myself and got approved. Now in EB-1A cetagory vias numbers are current so I have hope to get my 485 approved soon.