Your help please

elumalai

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys, i need your advise in this situation.

I applied I-485 in March first week. CSC

WAC# 02-125-xxxxx

AP approved and valid until 04/03/03
EAD approved and valid until 07/16/03

I485 is pending for more than 9 months

Situation:

I joined my end client from December 1st using EAD.

Previous employer did not allow me to talk/deal with the lawyer. After settlement with previous employer, now i can use the same lawyer. but he is very expensive.

The lawyer is asking me $500 to inform INS about my Employer change. and $250 for each extension (AP and EAD)

Advise me, do i need to inform INs about job change? can i do that by myself? any forms or format is available any where?

If i want to do AP and EAD renewal by myself,

which address i should send the application.

i applied I-485 in California service Center. But live in chicago. new job is also in chicago. Did not change address once i filed by I485.

gurus please help.

thanks
elumalai

You may be able to apply on our own. But an attorney will be more knowledgable in knowing the law and would be able to respond accordingly. Further, the attorney may have come across similar cases and would have the experience to deal with the case.

You are talking about spending around $1000. You might as well pay that - just for the peace of mind. Treat this as an insurance expense (to cover peace of mind).

This is just my view.

Hopefully you get your green card approved before next March and you don't have to spend this much.

Best wishes,
ZEBRAUS1