Your advise plz b1\b2

mortis18

Registered Users (C)
hey ,i was granted B1-B2 VISA MUlt 5 years around january.
i traveled to the USA to do a test and the Officer granted me 6 months.
i was addmited on JAN 26TH 2012 - and i left APRIL 27TH 2012 (total 3 months) .
-as i understood from you Gentlemen my one year WINDOW is (FEB2012-JAN2013) > (MY FIRST Q :) ) ???
-i need to to go back to attend some interviws (am a doctor applying for the residency match in many hospitals)
-if i went to the US on october this means i have to leave by end of dec right ? is this how the one year window works ?(SECOND Q:) )
-my (THIRD Q :) ) , if i went to the US In novermber DO I GET ANOTHER NEW ONE YEAR WINDOW BY JAN ? ..imean if the officer gave me 6 months ..now i have 3 months left from my 1st WINDOW ..so i go in NOV DEC JAN (END OF MY 1ST WINDOW ) .now do i get another 6 ms ? ..i mean if i traveld in NOV can i stay till march ?? this way i would use my 3 months left from my 1st window and 3 months of my new window ? AM I THINKING RIGHT ? lol

thnx

No genuine visitor should spend more than 6 months in the US during any rolling 12 month window.

hey ,i was granted B1-B2 VISA MUlt 5 years around january.
i traveled to the USA to do a test and the Officer granted me 6 months.
i was addmited on JAN 26TH 2012 - and i left APRIL 27TH 2012 (total 3 months) .
-as i understood from you Gentlemen my one year WINDOW is (FEB2012-JAN2013) > (MY FIRST Q :) ) ???
-i need to to go back to attend some interviws (am a doctor applying for the residency match in many hospitals)
-if i went to the US on october this means i have to leave by end of dec right ? is this how the one year window works ?(SECOND Q:) )
-my (THIRD Q :) ) , if i went to the US In novermber DO I GET ANOTHER NEW ONE YEAR WINDOW BY JAN ? ..imean if the officer gave me 6 months ..now i have 3 months left from my 1st WINDOW ..so i go in NOV DEC JAN (END OF MY 1ST WINDOW ) .now do i get another 6 ms ? ..i mean if i traveld in NOV can i stay till march ?? this way i would use my 3 months left from my 1st window and 3 months of my new window ? AM I THINKING RIGHT ? lol

thnx

I believe if you have your valid visa and state a valid reason for every entry into the country you'll be stamped 6 months for every time you are allowed in. You may have to explain to the officer at the border why you are being frequent and staying longer though.
I used to be a flight attendant and i must have done a lot of trips on a two year visa, every time i was stamped in six months even if i said i was staying just the night.
Hope this helps.

askontart

PLS whats my Window period (i.e. the 12 months rolling period) .
i was addmited jan 26 2012 and i left April 27 2012
----------------------------------

can i go back and stay from Oct2012 till march2013 ? suppose i get a 6 months from the Officer (ill be using some of the months left of my previous rolling period and some from the new one ) can i do that ??

pls help me with this ,i know that i should nt exceed 6 months as a visitor in the USA in one ROLLING year .

pls whats my window period (i.e. The 12 months rolling period) .
I was addmited jan 26 2012 and i left april 27 2012

can i go back and stay from oct2012 till march2013 ? Suppose i get a 6 months from the officer (ill be using some of the months left of my previous rolling period and some from the new one ) can i do that ??

Pls help me with this ,i know that i should nt exceed 6 months as a visitor in the usa in one rolling year .

anyone ??

The POE officer will decide how long a stay to grant you, if he/she decides to grant you entry. If you apply for an entry in October 2012 after having spent 3 months (Jan 2012 to Apr 2012) in the US, you should be okay.

PLS whats my Window period (i.e. the 12 months rolling period) .
i was addmited jan 26 2012 and i left April 27 2012

can i go back and stay from Oct2012 till march2013 ? suppose i get a 6 months from the Officer (ill be using some of the months left of my previous rolling period and some from the new one ) can i do that ??

pls help me with this ,i know that i should nt exceed 6 months as a visitor in the USA in one ROLLING year .

B1\B2 CHANGE visa Q , Triple Citizen *your help plz*

First ,thank you Triple Citizen for your last reply to me and thank you for your time .

iam on B1-b2 visa ,i have been accepted to be part (help) in a cardiology research dep in Tx .however the program director said that the 1st few weeks is voulanteering but after they can offer me the job.
i know its OK to be as a volanteer on B1-B2 visa (because they wont pay me money).
but what happens after i get the job ,do i get a letter from them and i go to the immigration and change my Visa to somthng else like ( J-1 or somthing ) ? ..is this process complicated ? .
thank you

B1\B2 CHANGE visa Q , Triple Citizen *your help plz*

First ,thank you Triple Citizen for your last reply to me and thank you for your time .

iam on B1-b2 visa ,i have been accepted to be part (help) in a cardiology research dep in Tx .however the program director said that the 1st few weeks is voulanteering but after they can offer me the job.
i know its OK to be as a volanteer on B1-B2 visa (because they wont pay me money).
but what happens after i get the job ,do i get a letter from them and i go to the immigration and change my Visa to somthng else like ( J-1 or somthing ) ? ..is this process complicated ? .
thank you[/QUOTE]

first ,thank you triple citizen for your last reply to me and thank you for your time .

Iam on b1-b2 visa ,i have been accepted to be part (help) in a cardiology research dep in tx .however the program director said that the 1st few weeks is voulanteering but after they can offer me the job.
I know its ok to be as a volanteer on b1-b2 visa (because they wont pay me money).
But what happens after i get the job ,do i get a letter from them and i go to the immigration and change my visa to somthng else like ( j-1 or somthing ) ? ..is this process complicated ? .
Thank you
[/quote]

anyone ?

Your potential employer will need to petition you for a work visa, most likely a J-1 if you are in the medical field. Once that petition is approved you will need to apepar at a US consulate for the relevant visa.

thank you