Your advice please....

ned

Registered Users (C)
I'm scheduled for the first week of May for CP interview in Manila, it so happen that it is also the presidential election over there as well. I'll be traveling with 2 young children and my spouse. Should I request for a new schedule?

Thanks.

ned:

Not sure what phillipines presidential elections has to do with your cp interview in manila. Do you think it would be a holiday? I would recommend going ahead with the interview unless you have a good enough reason to reschedule.

I am not sure about phillipine consulate but indian consulates let you come any other day of that month if you give them advance notice and a valid reason for a different date. But i personally recommened proceeding with the interview.

kd1430....

It is the political situations, poss riots and embassy close down due to unstable political environment. Coup d'etat and terorristic activity are common as well.

ned:

I agree with kd1403. You should not postpone the interview. Usually the interview can be postponed due to medical conditions such as pregnancy, death in the family, etc. But I am not sure if "possible" riots, unrest is a reason good enough for the Consulate to re-schedule the interview.

Prithis

My concern is that..........

US Embassy closes down for weeks during this circumstances.

ned r u going through AC140 if yes can u please provide me ur phone number I send u email yesterday

ned:

If it is a public holiday you may want to send an email to the consulate to verify the same. Coz a similar incident happened back in Sept 2003 where it was a public holiday in india for some festival and interviews were scheduled for that day and ended up getting rescheduled. So i would advice you to email or call your consulate to get the best information. But do not reschedule unless consulate does it for you!

They don't provide emails.....

thru Manila consulate unfortunately, they only reserve emails for congressional inquiries only.

kd1403...any reason why I shouldn't request for reschedule?

Kidsdoc...what is AC140?

thanks.

ned:

Normally rescheduling cp interview requires good enough reason. So you can try rescheduling if you wish citing the reason but generaly impression is that unless it is a medical or family emergency they do not reschedule. In this case, i think you are saying it is a holiday due to elections or there could be politicial unrest so you can try calling or sending them emails and see what happens!

AC I-140 is a type of consular process where the applicant has originally appleid for 485 and now after I-140 approval has decided to pursue consular process by filing I-824 receipt with his/ her AC I-140 application.

kidsdoc:

Ned's is a regular CP case gone via NVC.

kd1403....

I've applied for I485 & CP after my I140 was approved. My lawyers did all the paper work so I'm not familiar with the form #.

ned:

There is no form number required for rescheduling at least not at the indian consulates. Normally an email or phone call is enough to reschedule with a valid reason. You will need case number and few other details about your case so that they can verify you are the valid person who is trying to reschedule.