• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Your advice before entering the US!

Issam

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read/reply to my thread.
My visa expires in early June, I intend to travel in mid Mai. I have an issue that is stressing me (a bit :(), it's about the address 'Where I'd want the plastic green card to be mailed'. How to change that if you doubt no one will be present for receiving the GC? ** PS : I set the 'where you intend to live address' as N/A so I'm only referring to the GC mailing.
I had put a friend's address in NYC for receiving GC (he's a close friend but he is usually traveling in/outside the US)! I could not reach him by phone nor by email ever since I got my visa issued! I lost contact with him unexpectedly. I do have friends in other states I can contact but not much time left! :confused:
Also in mind I had JFK as POE, now I may change to a totally different state, I have my 'Immigrant doc' attached to my envelope with my friend's full name, address & all info! How does that affect my entry if I'm changing the POE & the address for mailing GC. Will I be asked about it?
Hint: I have already paid the 165$ USCIS online fee.
This forum has been of great help and I'll be relieved by your answers :rolleyes:, I just want to know the best way to fix this! How much time will it take and what to do EXACTLY.

Thank you again, appreciate your replies.

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to read/reply to my thread.
My visa expires in early June, I intend to travel in mid Mai. I have an issue that is stressing me (a bit :(), it's about the address 'Where I'd want the plastic green card to be mailed'. How to change that if you doubt no one will be present for receiving the GC? ** PS : I set the 'where you intend to live address' as N/A so I'm only referring to the GC mailing.
I had put a friend's address in NYC for receiving GC (he's a close friend but he is usually traveling in/outside the US)! I could not reach him by phone nor by email ever since I got my visa issued! I lost contact with him unexpectedly. I do have friends in other states I can contact but not much time left! :confused:
Also in mind I had JFK as POE, now I may change to a totally different state, I have my 'Immigrant doc' attached to my envelope with my friend's full name, address & all info! How does that affect my entry if I'm changing the POE & the address for mailing GC. Will I be asked about it?
Hint: I have already paid the 165$ USCIS online fee.
This forum has been of great help and I'll be relieved by your answers :rolleyes:, I just want to know the best way to fix this! How much time will it take and what to do EXACTLY.

Thank you again, appreciate your replies.

You can POE wherever you want, it doesn't matter what you said on your forms. You can change your mailing address for the GC at your POE. The CBP officer we dealt with asked if the address we had put was still valid, but if yours doesn't ask just tell him/her you want to change it.