You cannot believe this

LCSilence

Registered Users (C)
My I485 was approved last friday. Today, I got email from my current company's attorney that he filed the AC21 documents last Thursday.

It seems VSC is going to receive the documents this week. What will happen to my case? Will they revoke my approval?

thanks,

LCSilence said:
My I485 was approved last friday. Today, I got email from my current company's attorney that he filed the AC21 documents last Thursday.

It seems VSC is going to receive the documents this week. What will happen to my case? Will they revoke my approval?

thanks,

what does your attorney thinlk?

LCSilence said:

thanks,
AC-21 is about timing of change the job. When you inform should not matter. Moreover the letter was sent Thursday. It should not be a problem.

I changed job in November 05. The company attorney was just dragging their feet -- too busy they said.

Is the company required to send in AC21?

Last edited by a moderator:
LCSilence said:
I changed job in November 05. The company attorney was just dragging their feet -- too busy they said.

Is the company required to send in AC21?

Technically, you are not required to send in the AC21 right away. it depends on everyone. Some file their AC21 right away. Others wait to get an RFE for
Employment Verification Letter (EVL) and then send in the AC21 documents as a reply to the RFE. A few unlucky ones, have their I-140 revoked by their old employers and have to file for AC21. You were lucky ,in the sense, that you didn't get an RFE for EVL.

Just relax and don't worry about not sending your AC21 documents promptly. I would make a copy of all the documens and keep it on file, in case, the question came up when you apply for citizenship five years down the road. Remember, everything happens for the best.

If USCIS decides to reopen your case, you can't do anything about that.
If your new position is comparable to the old one, then you don't have anything to worry about. If it isn't, then your AC21 would not have been approved in the first place.

LCSilence said:

thanks,

Can you provide us your biometrics - when did you apply etc..
How long did it take to get 485 approved

What is RFE..?

I have kind of similar case..

My labor got approved in Aug, 2003
I-140 approved in April 2005
currently on EAD as I have completed my six years on H1.

I was wondering if my change my employer, do I have to file AC21 myself or my employer has to file it for me..?

Company has to provide a letter stating that they would support your I485 petition and your new job with them is the same or similar to the job described in you LC. It doesn't matter who sends letter (file) to USCIS.

montywig said:
What is RFE..?

I have kind of similar case..

My labor got approved in Aug, 2003
I-140 approved in April 2005
currently on EAD as I have completed my six years on H1.

I was wondering if my change my employer, do I have to file AC21 myself or my employer has to file it for me..?

RFE is Request for Evidence. When USCIS is processing yoru application and they need more information which could range from employment verification letter, company financials, medicals, pictures, name verification, marriage licenses, etc...they will send your attorney an RFE. You get some time within which you are required to provide the asked evidence. That's all.