Yippe Ka Yay...Approved but without my valentine :(

tt tt,

I had my approval notice through the mail too, but no sign of my wife's......

If you get through to an IIO, please let me know what they say.

My lawyer told me that this is fairly common and to expect approval soon, but with the INS you can't expect anything. I suspect our wives' cases are in the same abyss that so many other 485s are. They could be approved tomorrow or next year, who knows.

It's typical of this stupid green card process that even after approval there's something to bloody worry about....

Lawyer update...

lawyer received the actual approval notice.
he too wants to wait for 2 weeks before begining to start inquiries ! :(
anyway I plan to wait for 2 weeks then ask them to start faxing inquiries while I will get my passport stamping done.
I dont want to go the INS twice, once for me and once to accompany my wife ..if this can be done in one go. So I guess in the mean time I will try to call the IIO and see if I can do some pushing from my side.

Keep in touch on this thread. I will post any updates from my side.

Hello ttt, sickofwait,
Congratulations on your approval. I have a question regarding the spouse's approval.

If your spouses approval is pending (assuming you are the primary applicant), what is the problem? If he / she has EAD and AP, is it possible to renew them as long as his / her case is approved? Your reply will be appreciated.

Congratulations!!

Don't let it go guys, more or less it was the case with my wife also, I got approval in June,02 and till date I have not seen my wife's approval. Though on 13th Feb my wife again had an interview but by that time her FP was expired so she did it again and now I am here waiting for her approval.
So bottom line is call INS, call your lawyer do what ever it takes. Since after some time it would be difficult to trace.

I agree with vipsha and zvdo's warning...

even though my wife has valid H1 for anotherfew years and EAD until feb 2004...if the INS loses track of the file then it will be so trouble some...I will bug the lawyer until the fax is sent and then some more.
dont want fps to expire or anything like that..

My wife doesn't have an EAD or AP, so we can't travel until her 485 gets approved.

I don't want to go to downtown LA more often than I have to either. I feel lucky if I make it out of that place without some form violent crime occurring.

But the main reason is that I want this nightmare to end.