Yipee I485 approved... I think

annie88

Registered Users (C)
I am new here, have been reading the forum for a couple of months since coming by it. Never knew so many people in the same situation as ours.

Well, we woke up this morning to 5 emails from USCIS that they mailed a welcome letter to me in response to my I-485 application and about 30 mins later we received 5 more emails from USCIS that my husband's (primary applicant) I-485 was approved September 20' 06 and they are ordering a new card for him.

Now I know that his is definitely approved, right? But what exactly does my emails mean? Am I approved? I want it to state approved and card on the way!!! Instead I get:

On September 21, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

So any clues, please? I want to know if I can do my happy dance NOW!!

Thanks,
Annie88

annie88
First of all congratulations! I think your welcome letter is an approval, more so, if your husband's case (primary applicant) is approved. You can do you happy dance.
Are you EB 1-2-3 ? what counrty?
And another question : why is your PD so far away from your application date? did your labor cert. take forever to be approved?
Thanks for your input.
Best wishes!!!

Yeah ....thanks.
Yes, labor cert took forever, application was tranfered finally last year to the back log center and then they lost it once and finally labor was certified on March 9th '06. It is EB3 and Malaysia. I can't believe how fast everything was handled... maybe because our PD is so old. From reading all the post, I think our PD is one of the oldest if not THE oldest.

I hope many more will get the good news soon.

Congratulations annie88. What country quota and EB category are you?

annie88 said:
Yeah ....thanks.
Yes, labor cert took forever, application was tranfered finally last year to the back log center and then they lost it once and finally labor was certified on March 9th '06. It is EB3 and Malaysia. I can't believe how fast everything was handled... maybe because our PD is so old. From reading all the post, I think our PD is one of the oldest if not THE oldest.

I hope many more will get the good news soon.

Congratulations annie88,

Your freedom starts now , so enjoy it and good luck !!! Also continue to pray for all the ppl on this forum , so they can get theirs too !!!

Best wishes !!!

GHEBAUER,

It has been a long journey, only folks who's been through all this knows what hoops you have to go through to achieve the American dream. I will definetly pray that all will get their approvals soon so the torture will end!!

KJ,
it was EB3 and worldwide.

Annie88

I got the magic email

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: SRC060865****

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On October 2, 2006, an approval notice was
mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business
hours.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)