Yet another....AC21 approved with interview in local office

cbarus

Registered Users (C)
Guys- Glad it is behind me now. Please find the details of my case in my signature. I had my interview at a local INS office yesterday. The interview went fine and I got stamped right there. Some concerns I had before I walked in,
1. I changed 4 employers since filing my 485
2. My current salary is almost double what was stated in the labor.
3. My current employment is on a per-contract basis and not permanent and hence the employment letter states a per-hour rate versus annual salary.

My attorney was excellent all through out and the longest response time I ever saw for my email was 2-3 hrs !!!! I highly recommend her. If anyone is looking, let me know and I could pass on the information.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to post and I will be glad to answer them. Thanks for the support and information this forum gave me.

All the best to everyone.

Wow! That's great! Have Fun!

This will be a motivation for us who are looking for changing the employer.

I have similar case...

Could you please tell that who is your Attorney and contacts.

Thanks
onebos

Last edited by a moderator:
cbarus, Congracts!!!!

Do you have Labor ETA 750 ( job duties) with you when you used AC21?

Please send me attorney details ( private message is okay)

THanks

Congrats

Congrats on your approval. Enjoy the freedom.

I have also the same quesions like others asked and

1. Which local office is that?
2. What documents did he verify?
3. What questions did he ask?
4. Did your AC-21 job duties exactly mactched word by word as in LC/ETA750A?
5. Did you take your lawyer for the interview?

Advice me on this

1.Did you file AC-21 every time you changed the job.

2. Could you send me the contact infoi, plus fee paid for attoney as a Private messsage OR gcwhen1 at yahoo.com.

3. Also, the EVL letter states the Hourly wages, Was that goood with regards to INS.?

4. COuld you post a outline of the EVL letter with hourly wage type?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
cbarus
Congratulations on your frredom. Can you please put attorney detail so that everyone can know? I also need attorney contact.
Also questions I had been trying to ask for last few days,
do you think that your 485 was delayed because of AC21?
Did you got called for interview just because you changed jobs and used AC21 multiple times?

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed reply. Let me start answering some questions...

mydearcard- I am not sure if filing AC21 triggered a transfer to local office and/or RFE. I tend to believe yes. There is a posting elsewhere where they specifically say not to proactively file AC21 now as it will/may trigger transfer and/or RFE. If you can't find the post, let me know and i will dig it for you.

GCWhen1 -
1. I only filed it after I changed second time.
3. I guess so. If not, they would not have approved my case. Actually, the officer looked at the rate and said "I wish I had your job!". That tells me he did look at the hourly rate versus salary and apparently it did not bother him.
4. Here is the format I used. (I read elsewhere it is better to address it to USCIS instead of To Whom It May Concern)

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept this letter as confirmation that <employee name> is a full-time active employee of <Company Name>, an information technology consulting firm based in <location of the company>. <Employee Name> started with <Company Name> on <Start Date> as a <Job Title>. He is currently working 40 hours per week at a pay rate of $xx.00 per hour. As a <Job Title>, <Employee Name> works as a <role here>. His primary job functions include <job description here>. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at <Signing officer's phone number>

Sincerely,

gc 4 us-

2, 3. - Will post my complete interview description later.
4. No. They are very similar but not exact.
5. No I did not. Actually, if she thought she needs to be there, she would have told me.

jambalakadi1 -
1. No I did not have it.

Interview details....

1. Officer was courteous and polite.
2. After taking oath, asked me if I was ever arrested before in or outside of US. If I ever was on a govt aid. (Welfare or unemployment). If I was ever deported. My answer to all the questions was No.
3. Asked me for my current employment letter and if I was still with the same employer I filed AC21 for. I said No and gave the new employment letter. He looked at it and asked me if the job description was similar. Flipped some papers from my file (that he had) and looked for similarity.
4. He asked me if I had a copy of my I-140 approval. I said No. He asked me if I had a original of my I-485 reciept notice. I said I did not have the original. He asked me if I had a copy of Labor approval. I said No. Then he asked me about the H-1s, EADs and APs. I gave all of them to him.

Went through my file for a couple of mins. Asked me if I was living at an address. I said I moved to a new residence. He asked me if I filed AR-11 form and I said yes. I was pulling a copy of it from my file, when he said he found it.

Pulled out a form and took a fingerprint of my right index finger. Took my passport and stamped it. At that time, I was still not sure if I was approved and he was "stamping" the approval. I see a lot of posts these days about a follow-up biometrics appoinments. Hence I asked if I was through and he said "Congratulations...You are now officially a permanent resident of US... It might take 6-12 months before your card will arrive in mail... You take it easy now...."

Phew.... that is about it. Walked in as non-immigrant and walked out as a permanent resident. I think I captured all the details. Hope this helps.

cbarus,

Thanks for the private message and answering my question.

If you do not have labor information with you, how do you know what job description to use? In order to use Ac21 you need to match job duties similar to what was in original Labor right? How did you manage? I too do not have Labor information. I only know my title and pay in Labor but not job duties. but i want to use AC21.

Thanks

cbarus said:
gc 4 us-

2, 3. - Will post my complete interview description later.
4. No. They are very similar but not exact.
5. No I did not. Actually, if she thought she needs to be there, she would have told me.

jambalakadi1 -
1. No I did not have it.

Thanks for your reply cbarus.

cbarus ...
Thanks for your reply..

please let me know your attorney's details....private message is ok.

Thanks
onebos

jambalakadi1 said:
cbarus,

Thanks for the private message and answering my question.

If you do not have labor information with you, how do you know what job description to use? In order to use Ac21 you need to match job duties similar to what was in original Labor right? How did you manage? I too do not have Labor information. I only know my title and pay in Labor but not job duties. but i want to use AC21.

I remember my role because I worked with my attorney and employer to write it up. In addition, the INS officer is not going to compare line to line. As far as I know, all they are looking for is if your labor is for a software engineer, you are now not working at a pizza place. I could be wrong though.

Thanks

Attorney Details Please Cbarus!

Please post your Attorney Details CBARUS or IM/email it to me at luvspring04 AT yahoo dot com

Hi,

Congratulations for approval.
Also, I have a question, after my 140 approval my attorney will not give 140 approval notice. In that case do we need 140 approval notice while changing job to file AC21.

Also mine labor substitution so don't have lobr approval copy either is that needed to exactly know about job description mentione din lobor, or its ok if we put Sr Software engineer as post with skillsets ?

All AC21 experienced guys please asnwer.

Also please send me your attorney details.
Private message is Ok.
But if you could post it on forum, it will be beneficial to everybody.

thanks