Yes to, New Job with EAD within 180 days

AAKumar

Hi Guys,
My attorney told me that i can accept another offer with my EAD and join them even before 180 days limit of 485 filing. And she said u can continue ur process from the current stage with the new employer. She confidently said there is no problem. Another friend of mine who generally does not speak, also told me that few of his friends joined like that and got their GC without any problem.

Question is, How far that is true?
Any evidence for such cases will help us?
Though it is legally not true, Is it logically do-able?
I appreciate ur help
Thanks

Yest, thats true..

Yes, few of my friend changed jobs even before 180 days and they all got approved without any RFE\'s too. I don\'t see any problem with that as long as you are working for some one and getting paid regularly.

Yes..

One of my friends with october ND got approved recently after job change without RFE too.

Do you join as a full-time employee? What should you do to the old company? Do you have to write a l

Some Qs?

Can you join as a full-time employee?
What should you do to the old company?
Do you have to write a letter to INS?

Thats Positive

Fruit,
Keep telling us all these fruitful stories. We will have more clear picture and helps many people those are in the similar boat.
Thanks for ur time, But keep us posted with the info u have in this context

does the same rule apply for GC based on future job?

I wanted to have ur ideas on this situation.

A person has filed 485 based on a future job with company A. Before GC or just after GC can the person join another job ( similar description etc) with company B instead of Company A?

Have u heard of any cases approved in a similar situation?

Thanx

Details

My friend with ND october story.

She was laid off in June 2001 (by then 180 days had passed).she took up a full time job with same descripton and sent a letter to INS about the change.

Then got approved last month without any RFE.

Fruit, Thanks for the details

She crossed 180 day limit that i am worrying about. Though it does not fall under my case, it helps others.

Continue to post ur knowledge in this area to help people like me.
Thanks

I did it

Even before the AC21 law went into affect, I used my EAD to change jobs, and got myself a new I-140. I changed jobs within 2 weeks of receiving my EAD. I could have used my previous employer\'s I-485 application, but to be on the safe side, I refiled my I-485 through my new employer. The entire process from changing jobs, to getting a new I-140 and getting my approval took 14.5 months...

The key things are:
1. Make sure your new job is in the same field as your old job
2. Your old company doesn\'t discountinue your current application.