YES, THANK GOD!!!! 485 Approved (Jan 2001 case)

paeb1

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends:
I am very happy to share this with you all.
Our 485 (me & my wife) was approved on Sep 27, 2001. I heard the message last night but wanted to wait before I could see the approval notice in my hand. My lawyer just sent me an email to confirm the receipt of approval notice.

Here are my details.
INDIA, EB1
I-485 RD: 01/10/01
      ND: 01/18/01
      FP: 05/11/01
Approval: 09/27/01

I never talked to IIO. I just called VSC to see if I would get the message "This case can not be found". But I heard the "Case has been approved".
The most important fact that I would like to share with you all is that my papers were sent for Consular Processing. I was guessing that it would take a little longer time for my case than others. But, THANK GOD, I was wrong.

I wish you all GOOD LUCK. Hang in there....
This site has been great help to me.

Thanks

congratulations!!

Congratulations and enjoy!! You made our day too!! Thanks for the info!! Good Luck!!
They have started processing Jan cases...heeeeee haaaaa!!!

Thanks,
Yak&Yeti

No Title

Congrats. It is realy a good news for all Jnauray cases.. Could you please post your EAC number with out the last 5 digits. I would appreciate that..

Congratulations paeb1

However, I just spoke to a lady in INS and she was irritated about why I called. Infact I wanted to find out if all the paper work(FP in particular) was there and she asked-- Didn\'t I get the receipt saying that it takes 1 1/2 years to process? When I said that some of my frineds have been approved with December dates she said that I am not December, when I insisted on finding out if they have got the FP properly she said that no one has looked at the papers yet and there is no question of FP. She was trying to be polite but obviously annoyed.
Though, good to hear that Jan cases has been approved. My dates are ND 01/16 so I guess, I should be ready to hear some news soon.

Wait Jan guys...

Many of us in december are still waiting. So far only 9 approvals among 50 people in VSC on this forum!

No Priority date for EB1

I filed under EB1 so I never had a priority date.
Thanks and Good Luck

What are the criteria for EB1 .... pls share some info

I have heard of EB2 and EB3 ... but if someone can share info for criteria for EB1 , it will be of great help.

Thanks

EB1

It does not matter at 485 stage. Just RD & ND matters. Priority dates are meant only to decide availabilty of Visa numbera and when the numbers are avialable the the dates become current. Once you file 485 then there is no use of priority date.

No Title

"Once you file 485 then there is no use of priority date" is not correct. To get your approval your PD has to be current.

did a package go to India for CP?

I was wondering what is meant by "it was sent for Consular Processing?" Did any package go to New Delhi? If so, what is that package we\'re talking about and why does VSC need it for approval? I appreciate if someone can answer.
 My RD is 12/28/00 and ND is 01/05/00, EB2-others. I have also learned that I-140 was approved for CP and was sent to US Consulate in my country. Then it was sent back to VSC but an IIO today said they did not receive it. I\'m trying to find out what that package contains. What is the whole procedure about this CP/AOS conflict,rather. Thanks a lot.

When did your I-140 is approved...

Please post your details, when did your I-140 is approved and when did you file your I-485...

Thanks

I-140 infomation

My I-140 was approved in first week of Oct 2000. I filed my 485 in first week of Jan 2001.
I received a letter from NVC in second week of Jan 2001 stating that my papers were sent to Mumbai consulate.
I hope this helps.

joinedism

I think you are alking about the effect of retrogession of PD. In the first place one can not file 485 when tha dates are not current. When the dates are retrogessed then the numbers are not avilable. Since apps were received by INS they do not return to the applicants. Technicaly your 485 application is on ice.

What I meant was when the numbers are avilable then prority date has no use. normally you can file 485 only when numbers are avilable. After filing 485,if the numbers becomes unavailble,due to some reason s happened last year, then PD comes in to pixture to allocate the numbers.