Yayyyy! I've received the interview letter!

It's about time you showed up :mad: ~~hands on the waist posture~~ :p

Thanks Ari! Don't worry... if no one else posts her/his wishes after your message, I will create a fake id and post one myself ;) to make sure you're not the last :D loll.

PS: Plz update my timeline in your thread.

payala said:
Thanks everyone!!

I just moved into a new apartment so things are kinda messy right now, that's why I haven't been posting a lot. My family is coming next week for my graduation so I want to have everything nice and ready for them.

Well thanks again and I'll hopefully post more updates soon.

a_usc, when is your last online update?

There has been no LUD for the interview letter. Interestingly, last week we decided not to check for online updates for a week and yesterday, first thing I did in the morning was to check online status (after a week of abstinence... phew that was tough... lol) and the LUD was 03/11/2006 which has been the same for a while (don't remember what that LUD was for), so it was quite a surprise when we got the IL in mail in the evening :)

yeyyyyyy i got mine today too!! after 121 days after ND!!

Im kinda nervous though cause i dont have anthing under my name becasue u still dont have my social security number. I just have joint bank statmente and photo albums, What else can i take.?/

congrats

congrats to you a_usc and gabyflaks. i hope charlotte do will be as fast as your do, hope i will get mine soon.

Thanks Toro :) I have seen posts from at least four people after me who got their interview call and the interview is scheduled for Jun. All with the similar timeline... hope you'd get the call soon. Good Luck.

Yeah Ari... of course that was for you :D and hiding behind Suze ain't gonna help!!! :p

help me!!1

congratulation! jst like to ask my status coz my husband is a USC and we jst got our approval of I130, what will be the next? thanks.. hope to reply for my note..

Det,

Thanks! Using search on this forum can help answer a lot of your questions :).

Are you in the US? If yes, as the spouse of a USC, you didn't even need to wait for the approval of I-130 to file further documents. Anyway, you can now go ahead and file the AOS package, along with I-765 (EAD), if you intend to work while your AOS (GC) is pending and I-131 (Advance Parole), if you intend to travel abroad while your AOS is pending. If you have further questions about filing these forms eg where to send or the filing fee etc, you may wanna use the seach.

Good luck :)

Congratulations to you all that have got your interview dates :)

We are praying for you & you all are coming back with approvals in June and for all of us that are still waiting for both our EAD & interview dates "I say congratulations in advance" bcos this just goes to show that USCIS are working and to them also I say "Well done :eek: " although sometimes we don't like getting REF from you but we appreciate getting good news letters & GC from your office :D

I just love this forum, sometimes I just log on bcos I know someone here is going to put to smile on my face after all the stress of the day & this thread just did that tonight. :D :D

Ari4u - can you add my timelines too- :)

Got my interview letter tooooooo

Hi friends :D

I just recieved my interview letter today and it for 07/11/06.
I am so amazed bcos last night when I wrote my post I was not even aware mine was already on the way.

I am yet to get my EAD card but I know that too is on it's way :) .

I am so happy but at the same time a little bit nervous. We have started gathering our documents but since I do not have my SS my name is yet to appear on some of our bills & insurance.

I pray my EAD come quickly so that my name could be added for atleast the next two of months. Come to think of it :rolleyes: I have less have two months to the inetrview.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
justnew - congratulations and good luck with the interview preparations:)

Btw, what's your DO?

Hi everybody,

Was surprised to see that so many people have interviews in the month of June. To add to that I would also like to share my happy moment because just last week I also got the interview letter for June 28th 2006. Surprised because 159 days since my process started.

a_usc, justnew, Payala, tapskap, gaby_flaks - Congrats to all of you for the interview. I guess we all are now in the same boat of preparing docs for the interview.

Since the last 2 days I have started making copies of all the docs and I think I have already crossed 300 pages worth of just copies. Also started hunting for folders to start organizing stuff.

Anyways I guess since all of us are in the same situation - If anybody has any pointers for preparing docs - it would be helpful to all of us. I had read some thread (which I forgot to bookmark) where the person had also mentioned how to punch the copies and keep ready so that the Immigration officer has to just put them in his file. I hope somebody has more ideas such as these (also details abt this one becoz I never understood exactly how to do it).

Also please excuse me for not being very regular in writing / helping to ppl becoz just after filing all this process - got busy in job hunting and finally also got a new job to start towards end of this month. But will definitely try to be more prompt in writing to others for stuff I know.

Thanks

ShahPr,

Congrats to you too on receiving your interview call and your new job. I too was pleasantly surprised to see a new person posting about her/his interview letter almost each time I logged on in the past couple of weeks :). I know people have had tough times with in their LPR process, but so far I don't have any complaints against USCIS. If at all, I am only glad to see such quick processing - I received my IL in 62 days from my ND for I-485 which sounds music to ears :D

I agree that it wouuld be good if we all (with upcoming interview) could help each other (besides pointers from the more experienced people here) with the interview prep posting tips, pointers, etc. Talking of which, I am amazed to read that you already have crossed 300 pages of copies :eek:. My spouse and I have started collecting some documents but these are far from 300... I don't think we even have 100. Could you please share the list of docs you have collected. Here's what we have so far:

1. Joint lease doc (we have a v simple lease doc - just one page)
2. Joint car insurance docs.
3. Joint med insurance doc.
4. Joint bank account statements.
5. Joint club membership docs.
6. Joint fitness center agreement doc.

Besides this we have a copy of our tax return from this year, copy of my tax transcripts for the past years, copy of our supporting documents submitted with the original applications, some 300 pics of our wedding and life together since.

What else can I have? ~lost~

Hi a_usc

Since I am on H1-B married to a USC wife - A lot of my docs are related to H1B meaning besides all of Notices of Action (right from F1 - that's how i came to US to do my Master's).

Also I have made a complete copy of all my H1-B petitions (changed 2 jobs). I know the H1-B petitions have no connection with this GC process but am being really safe than sorry if asked to show such docs. Also I remember reading where someone was asked the H1-B Notice of Action (not the complete petitions) during the interview.

For Joint docs - a few other extra docs I have besides the ones you have mentioned.

1. Car Parking Statements (having my wife's name only showing proof of current address)
2. Her 401 K plan statement showing the change of address from old to new.
3. Copy of our marriage cards
4. Credit Card copies showing Joint accounts and also statements associated with it.

I guess all the other docs you have already got - Last 3 yrs tax docs ( I am also carrying 2 yrs previous to that - again just being safe :eek: ), all the docs submitted with the application.

So - that's my input. Let me know if you think there are still more docs which you think I might have missed / imp

Thanks

Hi ShahPr,

Thanks for sharing your list of documents. My husband is on L1 and we have included the L1 approval notice in our list of documents but not the entire petition - wondering if we should include this too. Besides this, though we do have the wedding invitation cards (from both families - mine and his) and the greeting cards we received on our wedding day, but we haven't made copy of these. May be we should make copies of the invitation cards, should the adjudicating officer decides she/he needs it for the record - we'd not want to part with these. We don't have the other stuff you mentioned but I think this is good enough. Oh yeah... we also have some cards/letters that we wrote to each other when we were dating... and also a couple of sets of plane tickets of our trips together to places :)

Well that's pretty much what we have put together so far. Will post if we find something else that may be useful :)

shahpr787 said:
Hi everybody,

Was surprised to see that so many people have interviews in the month of June. To add to that I would also like to share my happy moment because just last week I also got the interview letter for June 28th 2006. Surprised because 159 days since my process started.

a_usc, justnew, Payala, tapskap, gaby_flaks - Congrats to all of you for the interview. I guess we all are now in the same boat of preparing docs for the interview.

Since the last 2 days I have started making copies of all the docs and I think I have already crossed 300 pages worth of just copies. Also started hunting for folders to start organizing stuff.

Anyways I guess since all of us are in the same situation - If anybody has any pointers for preparing docs - it would be helpful to all of us. I had read some thread (which I forgot to bookmark) where the person had also mentioned how to punch the copies and keep ready so that the Immigration officer has to just put them in his file. I hope somebody has more ideas such as these (also details abt this one becoz I never understood exactly how to do it).

Also please excuse me for not being very regular in writing / helping to ppl becoz just after filing all this process - got busy in job hunting and finally also got a new job to start towards end of this month. But will definitely try to be more prompt in writing to others for stuff I know.

Thanks

I have a very similar timeline for the same DO but no interview letters.

I have two questions for you; Did you get any RFE on your case? Did you receive any email stating that they sent the interview letter?

Thanks in advance ;)