Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dilip,

Good to hear that you are where we want to be. Your fighting spirit/never give up mentality is really encouraging.

Can you please help me with the following points?

1. What are the docs you submitted for AC21?

2. What kind of letter did you/your attorney worte to support your case?

Thx,

Wow! Such an interesting story!

No wonder this forum is encyclopedia or almanac or what ever you call for 485 filers.

Dilip, one question, may be you have answered

that already: did you actually sent out a letter mentioning you are invoking ac21 or just a gave them a basic standard job offer letter?

man it is still chilly up here; almost june! :)
Take care!

Replies to all

Guyz,

Here are the replies :

Gheewalabhai / Abhi123 : The lawyer sent out a letter mentioning she was invoking AC21 for my case. The new employment letter was attached to it. That is it. That is why I said , a gud lawyer makes all the difference. She was cooperative till the end. I wud any day suggest them to any GC aspirant.

jahanpanah : I still have a gr8 esteem for the people who worked in that company. They understood my forseeable problems that too in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Though am not from any of the SR countries, they still understood the fact that every human has to pay his bills.

So guyz, at the risk of repeating the matrix mantra, "Its all in the mind". You feel down and out, u r down and out and finished too.

Dilip (GCAR)

Dude Dilip!

You really had a journey. Congrats buddy! Did you show them that you have changed jobs multiple times after filing 485?

Thanks.
Nebraskan.

Great Simply Superb

Hi,

I started jumping all over the place after I saw your posting......
Congradulations.....................
I have a same kind of situation, I got the RFE on May first week. Now I am doing a H1 for a stand by arrangement also to bring my wife and kids inside the country, after this I planned to reply for the RFE. Could you able to provide the text of reply sent to INS.

My lawyer is pessimistic, so planning to get H1 then reply. If you could provide the info, I will be grateful to you.

I live in Bay area.

please send your phone no. or some reply to email id. I like to wish you on the phone.

Congradulations again

new2bhere@yahoo.com

Hi Dilip, congrats

Didnt here much about people changing geographic location. Did you get RFE from NSC or CSC ? I mean did they transfer to CSC ever. Also you said you just submitted the emp letter can you post the wording of the letter and were there any additional docs submitted like W2, tax returns etc ?

Thanks and enjoy your new freedom

dilip

Congrats on your approval !!! You really deserve it, not that we all don`t
dilip since you changed a number of jobs, did your lawyer invoke AC21 when you were replying to the RFE ? or did you do it upon joining the last job.
Could you also give us the name of your lawyer as she did a good job for you.

Thanks

tan67

Hi Tan67,

My lawyer invoked AC21 only when replying to the RFE and not before that. My lawyers are White and McNamara PC based out of Wellesley MA.

Dilip

Dilip,

Nice job. congrats! Did you inform INS about all 3 job changes? Or notified them only after any RFE?

Thanks.

Nebraskan

I did not inform INS of any job changes. I only replied to their RFE in the form of the latest employment letter. I got my RFE from NSC not CSC

Dilip (GCAR)

Dilip, one sub question:

did you inform the time line when you were employed and when you were not employed? Like, lay off before 180 days, but case didn't get adjudicated and was protected by AC21 regulation etc..? I guess how did your lawyer deal with these specific things and details since your case went through complecated steps?

Ghee

I had not mentioned anything about timelines. The only I mentioned was the fact that I was eligible for AC21. Nothing more , nothing less. Stick to the golden rule "Dont volunteer information !!!"

Now that the euphoria has sunk in , I am getting all set to move to the next queue - the wait for the plastic card. My lawyer received my Approval notice and I hope to go for stamping sometime next week. As usual, I have a catch here too, I am gonna go to stamping in LA which is not in NSC jurisdiction.

I hope I have answered a good number of queries with respect to complex cases. I presume you guys can have my case as a bench mark regarding complexity issues.

Dilip

Required documents for AC21

I read somewhere that you should have a copy of 140 applications and the approval notice. Unfortunately, I did not receive any approval notice but my lawyer did get courtesy copies. My lawyer is an employee of my sponsoring company so I am not hoping any kind of co-operation from him. Can you please post the details about the document required for AC21 RFE?

Thanks a bunch..
Urguest

urguest

You dont need any I140 docs unless your I140 was revoked by your sponsoring company. All you need is an Employment letter and a AC21 letter stating that u r invoking AC21 for your case.

Hope it helps. Lemme know if u need more info.

Dilip

Hi Dilip,

I am planning to change my employer as I 've crossed 180 days after 485 filing. It is not a layoff but changing due to the fear of layoff that will be soon. Do you think I need to inform INS about job change or wait for the RFE and then tell them about job change using AC21 etc.,

I will appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,
Nebraskan.

I think you can change job with/or without

informing the INS but the advise is not to inform because that can trigger transfer to local office. In the case of employment rfe then, as Dilip did, you can mention 'ac-21 is being used etc..'
I am not sure how detail they look into new 'similar position' as far temp, full time, exempt and non-exempt etc....

ghee

i think the problem is in some cases, as it is in mine, that even if you don't inform BCIS of your job change, you're obliged to put in a change of address for fear of lost or unforwardable mail. for me, in addition, this was a change of service center jurisdictions. the address change itself could trigger an RFE - and that slows things down considerably, at least for a couple of months. hence, it might be better informing to get a non-RFE-ed approval. and that's what i'm trying to do right now.

btw, how much longer would a local center transfer entail, if there's one?

Nebraskan,

Are you planning to move to a new place with the new job? If not then there is no address change required in my view.