Yahoooo - Got 2nd FP notification

isGCtheKey?

Registered Users (C)
At last after a lot of frustration was surprised to see 2nd FP notice for both me and my spouse in the mailbox.

FP Notice date = 06/07/2004 (Took 1 week to reach me, also as Friday was holiday)

Scheduled for 06/22/04 (Next Tuesday). Am not going to do early FP, will go as scheduled.

Had been in touch with congressman's office, don't know if this had anything to do with the notice.

Last Updated or Status not changed online on any of our cases ( 3rd EAD and 3rd AP are pending and also of course 485)

At least things r moving !

Will keep you folks updated. Good luck to all waiting !

Last edited by a moderator:
I too got FP2 on Saturday (6/12). Looks like a whole bunch of Oct'02 people are getting FP2 now.

I wish i could post the same :)

Congressman .... does it work ... How did you contact his office, saying what.. wud want to do the same....

isGCtheKey? said:
At last after a lot of frustration was surprised to see 2nd FP notice for both me and my spouse in the mailbox.

FP Notice date = 06/07/2004 (Took 1 week to reach me, also as Friday was holiday)

Scheduled for 06/22/04 (Next Tuesday). Am not going to do early FP, will go as scheduled.

Had been in touch with congressman's office, don't know if this had anything to do with the notice.

Last Updated or Status not changed online on any of our cases ( 3rd EAD and 3rd AP are pending and also of course 485)

At least things r moving !

Will keep you folks updated. Good luck to all waiting !
Looks like your pending AP and EAD application triggered the FP. I have read that USCIS does not approve AP / EAD if applications can be approved in 1-2 months time frame. That way they can eat your AP/EAD money and minimize their expenses by not issuing / working on these documents ....

IsGCTheKey, Congrats

:) . Happy for you, Finally there is a movement. Well let's wish for the best upcoming msgs from those 2FP Done Folks ;)

isGCtheKey, Did your online message change?
My EAD3 RD is 4/29 as your's
485 RD is 9/19/02
I140 approved in Jun 2003
EB2 NY
Good luck to you

gc092602 said:
isGCtheKey, Did your online message change?
My EAD3 RD is 4/29 as your's
485 RD is 9/19/02
I140 approved in Jun 2003
EB2 NY
Good luck to you

To reply to your question, nothing anywhere except the paper in my hand reflects the 2nd FP.

Hope u get your 2nd FP soon and approval too !

dsatish said:
I too got FP2 on Saturday (6/12). Looks like a whole bunch of Oct'02 people are getting FP2 now.

Satish,

When you received your FP2 has your case status message updated? Was there any change ?

Or does it get updated only after the receipt of Finger prints results from FBI ?

Please post your experience in this.

GCSeekerInd said:
Satish,

When you received your FP2 has your case status message updated? Was there any change ?

Or does it get updated only after the receipt of Finger prints results from FBI ?

Please post your experience in this.

No change in online message or in my portfolio. But for my wife, the portfolio shows last updated date as 5/19 (the online message did not change). In the FP notice, the date of notice was 6/3 and i received it on 6/12. The FP date is still more than a month away, but i will try it earlier if i can.

My I485 receipt date is 10/02 and i also got FP2 notice a few days back. Scheduled on 7/15/04. Hopefully this will trigger my case.
Goober

Did any RD OCT'02 recieve 2nd FP in NJ

Hi Dsatish/isGCtheKey/ All..,
Congrats on recieving your 2nd FP.
Are any of you guys from New Jersey and would take 2nd FP at Newark?
My line of thinking is :Issuance of 2nd FP Notices are dependent on the local center and FP notices at Newark,NJ is one of the slowest.
What do you guys think?
People with Jul/Aug RD are still waiting for 2nd FP.
Would be waiting to hears from you...
cheers

kewlmarc

kewlmarc said:
My line of thinking is :Issuance of 2nd FP Notices are dependent on the local center and FP notices at Newark,NJ is one of the slowest.
What do you guys think?
cheers

I am located in Rhode Island, I think the issuance of 2nd FP is probably based on 1st FP and some other internal details. Who know's it may be because of my efforts i have mentioned in my posts that i have been relentlessly trying to get my case "touched" thru the congressman, ombudsman etc. etc.

Also in the past 1 month or so all oct 2002 filers who have done 1st FP in Nov/Dec 02 time frame are getting 2nd FP notices (a trend ? do we dare try and come up with one ?).

kewlmarc said:
What do you guys think?
cheers

You may be right.
Congressman wrt second FP: No relation
Ombudsman wrt second FP: No yet as inquiry takes up to 45 days.

ASC center scheduling: Yes. it looks like Newark and PHILLY are slow.

It would be more beneficial if people posted their ASC also, but as in the adjudication process, the same holds for scheduling second FP.

I got mine too

I got my 2nd FP., as per the lawyer. I did not get notice yet. Lawyer got notices 10 days back. I had a change of address and informed USCIS about the address change and the address change was reflected in my 485 file. I even received a letter from USCIS about this change. But still looks like they sent the finger print notice to my old address and it is not forwarded.

I am not sure what I need to do now. I sent a email to the lawyer, waiting for the response. Can I request photo copy of the notice from lawyer and take that one to get the finger print? Please advice.

My 3rd AP was approved 2 weeks back, with my new address only :), waiting for the 3rd EAD approval.

RD: 10/21/2002

Ask your lawyer to send you the notices and go to the local office with them. They did the same thing to me. I got the notices a month after my lawyer got them.

Did 2nd FP today - Countdown begins...

All,

Did our 2nd FP @ Cranston (Providence, RI) ASC today. Went smoothly, no problems.. in fact the person who was taking my FP was very chatty and friendly and he told me a some interesting info.

Per him FP doest not expire. Reason for 2nd FP is cause the FBI check expires and right now FP is the trigger for FBI check. In future with new systems in place FBI check will be done seperately by USCIS instead of being triggred by FP. (This makes sense now about no 2nd FP required in future)

Now the countdown begins.. hopefully we are luck like some other members on this forum who got approved within a week / 15 days after 2nd FP.

Our's is a straight case, same address and employer throughout the process. Only my wife MAY get RFE for medical immunizations.

Receipt for FP? Never heard of it.

sb_tiger said:
Isssue of FP does not change online msg. The receipt of results finally does.
HTH

When you say "receipt of results", do you mean the status online message kind of: "On June XX, 2004 your fingerprints were received and the processing resumed on your case"?

Because I can't recall I ever heard of anyone receiving FP receipt letters from INS.

Are you sure?

isGCtheKey? said:
All,

Now the countdown begins.. hopefully we are luck like some other members on this forum who got approved within a week / 15 days after 2nd FP.

2nd FP doesn't ensure any progress on the 485. Whom did you see getting approved? Our 2nd FP is scheduled for next month.. but looking at the random processing, there is no hope..