Yahoo!!! Finally Approved! (Jan 2002 filer)

GCJan2002

Registered Users (C)
Yes, I finally got the 485 approval!!!!

Thanks for everyone on the forum who have been regular contributors and replied to the queries promptly!!!

Believe me, this site was the only thing that kept my hopes alive!!! Keep going, guys!!

I am sure all the Dec 2001, Jan-Feb-Mar-Apr-2002 filers will get their approval very soon!!

My details:

EAC02092xxxxx
RD: 1/9/2002
ND: 1/23/2002
FP1: 5/17/2002
FP2: 10/3/2003
3 EADs and 1 AP (applied for AP only this year)
Filed AR-11 2 times (moved from NJ to Indiana to Chicago).
No job change.

AD: 7/9/2004 (self); 7/14/2004 (spouse)

Did FBI name check in May 2004. Got a reply from them say that name check was pending but in the final stage. Did not get a reply for my wife.

Did status enquiries in May 2004 and July 2, 2004. Got a std reply for the 1st query. (Had done the FBI name check after my 1st status check).

Did not contact Senator.

Last update date: 3/11/2004 (for self and spouse) - Had checked last in the 1st week of June 2004. As you can see I had stopped checking status since June.

Finally got approval emails in my mail box and then went on to check the On-line message. Waited to get my approval letter ( which I got yesterday) before posting this message!! Wanted to see the actual approval! :)

Will go to stamp passport next week after we get my spouse's approval letter.

Will update Rupnet and change my signature as well!!

All the best to all of you in the future!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Congrats - Stamping - Chicago

GCJan2002 said:
Yes, I finally got the 485 approval!!!!

Thanks for everyone on the forum who have been regular contributors and replied to the queries promptly!!!

Believe me, this site was the only thing that kept my hopes alive!!! Keep going, guys!!

I am sure all the Dec 2001, Jan-Feb-Mar-Apr-2002 filers will get their approval very soon!!

My details:

EAC02092xxxxx
RD: 1/9/2002
ND: 1/23/2002
FP1: 5/17/2002
FP2: 10/3/2003
3 EADs and 1 AP (applied for AP only this year)
Filed AR-11 2 times (moved from NJ to Indiana to Chicago).
No job change.

AD: 7/9/2004 (self); 7/14/2004 (spouse)

Did FBI name check in May 2004. Got a reply from them say that name check was pending but in the final stage. Did not get a reply for my wife.

Did status enquiries in May 2004 and July 2, 2004. Got a std reply for the 1st query. (Had done the FBI name check after my 1st status check).

Did not contact Senator.

Last update date: 3/11/2004 (for self and spouse) - Had checked last in the 1st week of June 2004. As you can see I had stopped checking status since June.

Finally got approval emails in my mail box and then went on to check the On-line message. Waited to get my approval letter ( which I got yesterday) before posting this message!! Wanted to see the actual approval! :)

Will go to stamp passport next week after we get my spouse's approval letter.

Will update Rupnet and change my signature as well!!

All the best to all of you in the future!!

:) :) :) :) :)

Congrats!
Can you please share your info with us.
We moved from NJ to Chicago on 2nd July, we updated the change of address
and our cases got approved on 8th July. Our approval notices have gone to NJ address and they are likely to be returned back.
Any way we are planning to go for stamping with Attorney copies (which they have already got).
You must be going to Chicago center for stamping.
Can you please give me the address, telephone nos. of Chicago service center. Are there any fixed days to go for stamping. Do we need to take
appointment.
Thanks and we appreciate your early responce.
ARB1233

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone,

Thanks for the wishes!

ARB123,

Here is the Chicago address:
Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard, Room # 218
Chicago, Illinois 60604

Monday thru Thrusday 7 am - 2 pm without any appointment.

Since we moved to Chicago last year, USCIS had our latest address.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

GCJan2002 said:
Everyone,

Thanks for the wishes!

ARB123,

Here is the Chicago address:
Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard, Room # 218
Chicago, Illinois 60604

Monday thru Thrusday 7 am - 2 pm without any appointment.

Since we moved to Chicago last year, USCIS had our latest address.

Hope this helps.

Thanks GCJan2002.
Did you already go for stamping? If so can we have your
stamping experience in Chicago.
Thanks
ARB123

ARB123,

My spouse and I planning to go for stamping once we get her apporval letter.(which should sometime this week).

Once we stamp our passports, I will post the experience!

PP stamping experience @ Chicago

Got our passport stamped yesterday at the Chicago office.

No problem at all... pretty smooth sailing except for a 2-hour wait in the queue.

We reached the USCIS office in downtown Chicago at 1:00 pm (the office hours are from 7 am - 2 pm Monday thru Thursday). We had a late start since we got my wife's notice Fedexed by our lawyer and we got it only at 11 am.

We had to wait for 2-hours in the queue, but the actual stamping and fingerprinting process took less than 2 minutes.

The officer took our EADs and APs.

All the best to the rest of the group for their approval! :) :) :) :) :)