Wrong priority date

sunny76g

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys....Here's my situation...

Filed my 140/485/EAD/AP in June 2005 using an EB2 Substitute Labor with a Priority date in early 2001. My 140 was recently approved and my lawyer just sent me the Approval notice....The problem is....the Priority date on the 140 approval notice is showing June 2005....I was under the impression that the priority date is carried over from the original LC....Please let me know what I should do......Thanks.

Hmmmmm....

This seems to me the first instance of priority date being taken as the day an immigration process has been initiated by an employee ... If this happens to all the cases , labor sub cases going forward may loose the best of having a cake and eating it too..

sunny76g said:
Hey guys....Here's my situation...

Filed my 140/485/EAD/AP in June 2005 using an EB2 Substitute Labor with a Priority date in early 2001. My 140 was recently approved and my lawyer just sent me the Approval notice....The problem is....the Priority date on the 140 approval notice is showing June 2005....I was under the impression that the priority date is carried over from the original LC....Please let me know what I should do......Thanks.

There is no consistency,

I did file my 140/485 in Nov lastyear, but my 140 Approval notice has the original LC file date, mine is a substitution case on EB3.

Hey sunny76g,

Dont worry about the prioirty date, it has to the original labor's prioirty date. I had a same problem and i got it rectified in 2 months.
Different attorneys have different views about it but regardless your attorney needs to send a fax & email and get it corrected.

you should send a cover letter stating the corrected priority date , copy of the approved labor and 140 approval notice.
Followup with the attorney every month to see if its corrected.

I got mine corrected in 2 months.

hope this helps.

josamdee said:
Hey sunny76g,

Dont worry about the prioirty date, it has to the original labor's prioirty date. I had a same problem and i got it rectified in 2 months.
Different attorneys have different views about it but regardless your attorney needs to send a fax & email and get it corrected.

you should send a cover letter stating the corrected priority date , copy of the approved labor and 140 approval notice.
Followup with the attorney every month to see if its corrected.

I got mine corrected in 2 months.

hope this helps.

Thanks josamdee....I will push my lawyer to get this corrected.

josamdee/sunny76g,

I am into the same Sitution where my 140 Priority date is wrong on a Labour-Sub. My attorneys sent the request via mail but has been close to 2 months no respone. So, the attorney office when called USCIS , they asked to call VSC.

Could you tell the Fax Number or Email address where your attorney sent this correction Request.

Thanks in advance