Wrong Passport Address. Applied for Visitor Visa

pam24

Hi All,

First of all , let me thank you for all who are providing such a great support to all of us.

Here is my situation. I am planning to call my in-laws for vising US.My mother-in-law has a passport with wrong address but father-in-law has the correct one. They have already applied for an appointment at Bombay Consulate and have recieved the date of 11 Aug.

Questions :

1. Is it advisable to get the address change between now and interview date ??
2. Will the first passport get cancelled all together and get the new passport ??
3. If no. 2 , happnes , what happnes to the interview as passport number may change with new passport??
4. What might happen if we just leave the error as it ??

Thanks a Zillion for all your support.

Pramod

Dont do any thing, just leave it like that....the consulate will not give any problem just because of wrong address..

Usually the procedure at the passport office is, one has fill misc. form explaining the situation and the new address... that can take upto 1 months and then the passport will be stamp with the new address...

This is a Long procedures, you know passport office at India always slow and leanthy and still not very usefull, I will advise, dont do any thing, and explain the situation to consulate only if necessary..

Thanks Semiconsulate !!! I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

semiconsulate said:
Dont do any thing, just leave it like that....the consulate will not give any problem just because of wrong address..

Usually the procedure at the passport office is, one has fill misc. form explaining the situation and the new address... that can take upto 1 months and then the passport will be stamp with the new address...

This is a Long procedures, you know passport office at India always slow and leanthy and still not very usefull, I will advise, dont do any thing, and explain the situation to consulate only if necessary..