Wrong information in EAD card

jascal

Hello All

I applied online for the EAD renewal and put the wrong country of birth (USA instead of India). I received the EAD today and noticed this silly mistake.

Will I have to reapply to correct this? My EAD expires in Oct and I am cutting it too close if I have to go through the process again.

Would it create problems in the future?
Please advise.

Thanks
Jal

I don't think that this would make the EAD invalid but I would inform the USCIS so that they can correct it. They won"t take it back after they approved it. At least this is what I think.

Hello All

I applied online for the EAD renewal and put the wrong country of birth (USA instead of India). I received the EAD today and noticed this silly mistake.

Will I have to reapply to correct this? My EAD expires in Oct and I am cutting it too close if I have to go through the process again.

Would it create problems in the future?
Please advise.

Thanks
Jal

just work with it this year and take care next time.

FYI If you want to correct this and it turned out the mistake is because of you (seems like it, because you said you put in wrong country) and not because of them, it will be another $340.

I had the wrong birth date on mine, but it turned out that they entered it wrong from the form (14 instead of 24). So I called the 1-800 listed on the form that your card comes with. They told me the story about having to pay again.

A real rip off, but that's how they make $$$$

desperado

Did you end up correcting it? Just curious.

I am not sure if I should proceed to correct. I may be getting GC anytime, based on PD.

Thanks
Jascal

I never send in the old one. I did not work. The officer I spoke to at the time did say that it might take as long as 6 months for them to correct and my best option was to find a job, explain to the employer that the birth date is incorrect and show some other government ID with picture and correct info and once I was working then I could send the card in to correct the date. This way he said I would not lose time waiting for the card to find a job. I never did and now my lawyer send in my renewal. I hope that this time they will do it correctly.
But my gut tells me that it might be wrong again.

desperado

Did you end up correcting it? Just curious.

I am not sure if I should proceed to correct. I may be getting GC anytime, based on PD.

Thanks
Jascal