wrong Gender on the Card

Hi, first of all thanks to all of you in the community helping so many people to go through the GC process.

I got a Greencard thought the DV program. When i received the card I found out that the gender was wrong. After verification, the error is coming from the form beeing wrong (my fault, i selected the wrong gender). Now that being said, all the documentation submitted is showing the right gender.

Now i want/need to correct that. When it came to the options available, i can either choose:

1/ My card is incorrect because of a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) error
* i don't need to pay the fee....
* But the error is not coming from DHS because i did file the form wrong
* But maybe still their fault because all the documents were showing the right gender

2/ My name or other biographic information has legally changed
* I need to pay the fee (I'm fine with it)
* Well nothing has changed in reality, I didn't change legally my gender. Is it fair to go through this option when in reality it's just an error.

Would have been so much easier to have an option where it's an error and I acknowledge that it was my fault and pay.

Which option do you think is the right one to follow?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you applying to replace your Permanent Resident Card?​

My card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed

DHS issued my card but I never received it

My card has been mutilated or partially destroyed

My card is incorrect because of a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) error

My name or other biographic information has legally changed

You mean you’ve not resolved this issue since 2017? Wow!

Anyway, no the error cannot be attributed to them based on your submitted documents showing the right gender. The folks responsible for producing the GC do not review your supporting documents during the production process, they basically refer to whatever is listed on your I-485, so this is not a USCIS error.

Anyway, I suggest you contact them for guidance on what the applicable option should be in this case.

I wish i had the same attention to detail as you Sm1smom. You spotted me :) indeed i travelled several times with the greencard with the wrong gender. And for 5 years wasn’t a problem. But on my last travel the immigration officer saw it. He had to go check if the card was a real one… and they asked me to make the correction. I’m actualy surprized it matter nowadays… anyone can feel the gender they want… and how can you even use that as a check at the border.

Btw glad to see you still helping the community Sm1smom. Such a gift to all of us.

I will try to get someone on the phone to get guidance and share with you once i get something

Double WOW! this time around. You’ve been using the GC to travel for the past 5 years even though it was pointed out to you back then in this post that wasn’t a good idea, and now you seem surprised you some IO finally noticed and doubled checked? Of course the gender information still matters regardless of if someone feels they’re female in the morning, and male by the time they go off to sleep at night, the GC is an official record.

Curious to know at this point, what happened to the I-90 you submitted back then by the way? I’m guessing it got denied (as I recollect you did try to use the USCIS error option)?