Wrong Fee. Paid $175 instead of $180. Already sent. In panic

RahulSahane

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I sent an application for OPT on Nov. 30, 2005 with a fee of $175. It is wrong, and should be $180. The USCIS received it on Dec 02, 2005 and has not cashed my check.

My I-20 completion date for studies is Jan 31, 2005. So I have to make sure the application is received by them well before that date.

Anyone else in this situation? Do they send your application back, if so, how soon do they send it back?

looking forward to a response.

I had the same mistake with my applications.... they will return it after one week of recive and u have to resubmit with new fee

it has been 2 weeks.

I has been two weeks since they got it and no sign of them returning it or cashing my check or anything... as days go by options regarding preserving my status are getting restricted.

do any of you have any advice on what to do?

if u have the papers just submit a new one any way... the will sent it back for sure... it just depends on the service center on how fast u get it... just send a new one...

Thanks, anoosa

thanks a lot for your advice. i will await the return from them and promptly resubmit. will write again when something happens

Got the package back with a notice:: one more questioin

So I get this package in the mail with a i-797 BUT the LIN number isn't valid. And it carries a notice that the fee is wrong and I should attach correct fee and resubmit.

my question::: the i-20 that i submitted with this is endorsed beyond 30 days and the new instructions ask for an i-20 endorsed in the past 30 days. Will my application be treated as a new application or will it have the notice date as a proof that my i-20 is valid?