Wrong dates on EAD

JaideepB

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I received my 3rd EAD recently but it is made effective from the date it was approved instead of making it effective from the date when my 2nd EAD expires. The same thing has happened with my wife's EAD too. So we are losing 2 months due to this error. Has this happened to anyone else? How to correct this?

Thanks,
Jaideep

I485 RD: April 2004
FP: Dec 2002

You are not the first victim.

A lot of people have experienced TSC stole their EAD days. They encourage you to renew it prior to 6 months earlier but then steal your days. I was lucky. Last time I only lost few days. Try to call them to fix it.

I called them

I called the national customer service center and they said to mail the original EADs back to TSC explaining them the error and include a copy of the old EAD which is expiring. Is this information correct?

Jaideep

JaideepB,

Same thing happened to my wife. She lost about a month...We did NOT do anything about it because she was NOT working at that time AND more importantaly, we thought by the time our EAD expire, we would have our I-485 approved...wishfull thinking... :eek:

In my case there was NO gap .

don't mail back your original one

my name was misspelt on the EAD and we called the 1800. we also got the same answer like yours, and we did mail the original one back to TSC, then we heard nothing since then. at last, we have to go to local office to get a interim EAD. so my suggestion is take this one to local office to fix it if it's possible, if can't, just ignore it, don't bother to mail back, otherwise you will lose this original EAD. hope we can get our 485 done to out of this situation. good luck

Your last EAD that covers u through ur GC approval will have more than 2 month waste, Relax and forget the two months.

Same thing here...

It happend with my husband's and my kids 3rd EAD renewal in MSC but not with mine (I am the primary applicant),I got the expire date as it should be and the others lost about 2 months...hard to understand them!

PS:We submited the application on the same day,all togheter.