Wrong date on I-94

Jibran

Registered Users (C)
When I came back to the U.S. the last time, the date that was put on my I-94 was Jan 3 2002 while the Visa validity is June 1 2002. Will I be out of status after Jan 3 2002 or am I fine until June 1 2002...Any help will be greatly appreciated

No Title

Just go to the District INS office with a letter asking then to do the changes and replace the i-94. If you wanna use a lawyer, have him fill a g-28 form reprersenting you.
It should be fine!

485 filed

If my 485 is filed and a receipt is obtained before the I-94 expires is the situation the same as it would be without a 485 application on file

Pending AOS

You can switch to pending AOS status if 485 is filed before I-94 expires. Then you would need AP to travel and EAD to work.

However you can go to a local INS office and get I-94 corrected.

Unfortunately I am not sure about the first one. The second is risky if INS decides there is a problem with the I-797 validity.

No Title

One of my friend went to the INS office at the airport he entered and got it corrected.

No Title

After how long (few days or weeks or immediately) did he go back to the INS office at the Airport?

No Title

After 3 or 4 weeks I think but, I am very sure not immediately. Yes he did goto the airport INS office that he entered through.

No Title

Could you provide some additional information like what all documents were required/asked for, the office you went for correction is local district office or service center, how long and the number of visits it took you to get the job done. Did you have to complete any I-??? form, any fees to INS. Thnx

I-94 extended Process

I had to take my passport with the I-94 and the I-797 to the INS Atlanta District Office located at 77 Forsyth Street SW, Atlanta.
No fee was required nor were any forms filled out...