wrong card

lovejl

Registered Users (C)
Both my husband and I have received the plastic card today, but My husband card has the wrong date, it was said resident since Nov, 99, please advice if anyone know how we can do now?! Thanks!

Originally posted by harvydonald
Apply for citizenship right away....
Just kidding....

No kidding!

I know a person who started Labor process in 1996 and when he received his GC in 2000, the date on the GC was his priority date! And he applied for Citizenship in 2001 and was accepted.

It doesn't hurt to try since that's what on the card. You are not making up anything.

Apply for citizenship....

You are just following the rules.

To get the date change IS PROBABALY MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than applying for citizenship.

BCIS does not really care too much about 1 or 2 individual .. they don't need more work to fix your card ... they have a lot of other work.

Moreover it is procedural issue.

Originally posted by lovejl
Both my husband and I have received the plastic card today, but My husband card has the wrong date, it was said resident since Nov, 99, please advice if anyone know how we can do now?! Thanks!

I will say wait for a year and next year in 2005 apply for Citizenship and may be you will get it. And don't try to change the date it is of no use, in this case their mistake is your gain.

Thanks
Prabhu

King,

So when you apply for Citizenship, they don't look at the passport stamp date? How can a little typo on the card change everything else on other documents and/or their records.

This is amazing. But then this is INS. No logic whatsoever.

Your stamp may not have been in a passport, if you did not have a valid passport at the time.

By the time most people apply for citizenship, they probably have renewed thier passport at least once, so the stamp is no longer in the new passport.

Re: King,

Originally posted by WaitinginQ
So when you apply for Citizenship, they don't look at the passport stamp date? How can a little typo on the card change everything else on other documents and/or their records.

This is amazing. But then this is INS. No logic whatsoever.

WaitinginQ:

It was not me, just a person I know. Don't know the details, but it seems to me you need to make a copy of your GC when you file for Citizenship. Anyway, he was lucky to pass that. But again, that's before 9/11, things were more lax then.

travel

Anyone knows there is going to be a problem that travel international with a wrong card like this?

LoveJ1,

Traveling international won't be a problem because they only verify the validity of the card. Applying for citizneship is a different question. There, they may go through more rigorous procedure.

Kamal