Wrong birthday printed on AP & EAD, what should I do?

485_waiting_1

I got renewed AP & EAD recently with incorrect birth date on both of them. The lawyer told me it's OK if I bring a valid ID with them. I am very concerned about that. If anyone experienced these before or have useful information, please give me a help. Thanks!

Need Correction

Eventhough DOB needs to be correct on both EAD & AP, I agree with your attorney as far as EAD is concerned. If the employer has any questions regarding the descrepancy, you may always produce your Driving Licence or any other official document to confirm your actual DOB and most of the employers would accept it as a mistake on the past of USCIS.

However, the incorrect DOB on AP needs immediate correction. When you will be producing the AP at POE, you would be dealing with an Immigration Inspector who would be unwilling to let you in on this flimsy ground even if you are able to show & he or she is willing to see the papers proving that it was USCIS which erred in giving you an AP with incorrect DOB.

Hence, act fast and send AP to the NSC for correction before you need to travel abroad.

Yes For EAD it may be OK.
But for AP it should be correct.

There are chances,at POE officer may skip this, but for peace of mind and if you have time get it corrceted.

My friend had faced problem with incorrect spelling of his name at POE.

My last name is also spelled wrong on AP. My lawyer said it is ok if i present all the receipts (485, EAD, AP) together at POE since the A number is the same. She also write a letter to state that it is the typing error in case the immigration officer ask for it. ahcal, What problem did your friend face with incorrect spelling of his name at POE? Did the officer reject him/her to re-enter US?

You have a lawyer that's easy going or hasn't experienced the hassles of immigration. Being a firm believer in conspiracy theory and a pessimist I would rather take steps that would help me from getting into trouble later on than relying on my luck which has always worked bad for me.

Again this isn't a legal opinion, just a personal opinion.

same happened IN MY CASE

I GOT IT FIXED AT THE LOCAL INS. u NEED TO ASK THEN LITTLE POLITELY BUT THEY WILL CORRECT IT FOR U.

DOB was incorrect in my first AP, Lawyer had sent it to BCIS for correction and it has not come yet after a year, though I got second one as first one would have expired.

I had the same situation

On my first EAD. I called INS and they asked to send the card with a copy of my application, and new pictures. I received a new card with the correct date in a month.

Good Luck.

Hi leelee

He was not rejected. Thougfh he wasted a lot time.
He pulled out some more documents/letters and shown him.

So it is advisable to get it corrected. But as you told if it is known to you and lawyer is helping you then there is no problem.

Thank you, achal. I will try to get it fixed in Local office. Actually this is my second AP which renewed in Mar. The first AP is ok. The lawyer said it will take at least six weeks to correct thru NSC. If possible, could you tell me what kind of documents your friend provide to the officer?

Hi leelee,

It all depends upon the officer.
At that time whatever he had (Photo IDs) was shown(Passport, Driver licence) . Since some names are kind of unique , he was able to convince them.

But in your case
1. If you are in hurry and don't have time to receive AP back from BCIS then get letter from Lawyer (and also you had proof of same A#) and make journey.

2. If you have sufficient time then it is better to get it fixed. But I have read that it may take approx 3 months. So please be prepare for that.