writing to Nebraska center - 485 follow-up

chikki

Registered Users (C)
RD: Dec 26, 2001, ND: Jan 7, 2002
I am planning on writing to the NSC to follow-up on my change of address (communicated in Sept 2002), and to check on the overall status of the case.
It has been 560 days since my ND, and I am aware that their site is saying it will take between 580 to 610 days.
I need the address of the BCIS center, and if there are any do's and dont's. If you think it is not wise to write to follow-up, then please let me know.
Does anyone have the experience of writing to follow-up on your case.

I think you should contact NSC by writing. At least they'll get a chance to see your application.

I think after senators/congressmen help, this is the only reliable communication left.

Their 610 duration is also not very right as my process has been pending for more than 640 days!!!!

I was thinking about writting them to, but they don't have any address where you can write to them for case status
i searched and searched, but no results

If you do find an address to write to them, please let us know and also your experience

For general correspondance, you can send the letter to

P.O. Box 82521, Lincoln, NE
68501-2521

I don't know this adress would entertain status inquiries or not as I never sent any inquiry through mail but I read in some other thread, mail correspondance has been of help to some extend.

I contacted my local senators office for my status inquiry check and I suggest you to do the same.

After seeing your responses, I spoke with my lawyer today.
She told me that she will try to find out thru her contacts about the change of address and the overall status of the case and get back to me within 2 days. I know she did that for me when my FP did not come at the same time my spouse got the FP notice.

Also, she mentioned that her sourcesd told her that just last week, they pulled people from other departments to process I0485 as there is a huge backlog.

Let us hope for the best. I will post the message once I get to hear from her.
;)

Folks,
My lawyer got back to me and cut and paste an extract from the email with the contact at NSC.

a. they have confirmed that my (and spouse) address change is reflecting in the system

b. NSC is processing 8/22/01 (whole world knows)

c. It will take another 6 months for my case to be approved (dunno why he/she says that). I have already completed 19 months(close to 570 days). not far behind the official 580 to 610 days. Puzzles me...have a feeling he/she is playing it safe.

Atleast one thing is for sure, they will communicate something/someday to my correct address
On a side note, come aug 7, chikki will complete 5 years since the begin of GC process and enter 6 th year. Dunno how many mairrages last that many years.
;)