Writing to First Lady

Driller

Registered Users (C)
Apparently writing to First Lady about Name Check does help. As I had mentioned in my earlier posts my background check was stuck for over 2.5 years; during this period I contacted local Congressman and Senator on 2 separate occasions, wrote couple of letters to FBI chief, couple to USCICS, several e-mails to FBI and finally when nothing worked, to First Lady Mrs Laura Bush on 09/01/2006.

Though I received my approval on 11/07, I was wondering what actually triggered the name check clearance. Yesterday received a letter from FBI which clearly states that my request of expediting name check was forwarded to them from First Lady's office in Sep-2006. The info that follows is even more intriguing. It seems FBI received my first request on May 2004 which they cleared in Dec 2005, but obviously I never knew about it since none of the others mentioned above could find that info out. Also, it seems USCIS requested another Name Check on 07/2005 and hence I was always in "pending" status despite FBI clearance. The clearance for second request was obtained on 10/26/2006 - which I am 100% sure was due to Mrs Laura Bush's office's intervention. Long story short, if your name check is pending for long, it may be worth its while to send her an "expedite" request. Who knows, it might just work.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Driller.

Driller,

Could you please send me first lady's address and format of the letter.
I tried a lot contacting congressmans/senators, nobody is ready to
contact FBI.
Mine is pending since last 2+years.

Thanks
BunnyGC

BunnyGC...Following is the Format that I used. Second page of the letter was my resume that outlined my professional achievements. Remember that First Lady is an avid reader/librarian/teacher – someone totally given to the cause of education. Good Luck. Do let us know when you get approved!!

<Date>

<Your Address>

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500
Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly xx years now. Traditionally the process takes little over a year, but such an unusual delay has resulted in my permanent residency (green card) process with USCIS to extend over x years from mm/yyyy when it was first initiated.

< Give your extremely brief background here; e.g, number of years you have been in US, the work you do, the educational qualifications you have, the help you have been to community AND lastly how the delay in the process is effecting your (and your family’s ) life.>

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
<Your Name>

Name:
A# :
Date of Birth:
Place/Country of Birth:.
Citizenship:
Current Address:
Telephone:
E-mail: <preferably your office email>

Thanks Buddy

Luckly Before using this letter My name chekc is clread. It's nice of you to post letter. So people can use it.

Driller said:
BunnyGC...Following is the Format that I used. Second page of the letter was my resume that outlined my professional achievements. Remember that First Lady is an avid reader/librarian/teacher – someone totally given to the cause of education. Good Luck. Do let us know when you get approved!!

<Date>

<Your Address>

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500
Sub: Expediting FBI Name Check for Green Card (I-485)

Respected Ms. Bush:

I am writing this letter to you with a request to kindly help in expediting my background check with FBI that has been pending for nearly xx years now. Traditionally the process takes little over a year, but such an unusual delay has resulted in my permanent residency (green card) process with USCIS to extend over x years from mm/yyyy when it was first initiated.

< Give your extremely brief background here; e.g, number of years you have been in US, the work you do, the educational qualifications you have, the help you have been to community AND lastly how the delay in the process is effecting your (and your family’s ) life.>

I would really appreciate if you would spend some of your valuable time to contact FBI and help in expediting my case. I do understand that under current circumstances Homeland Security is of primary importance, but all I am asking for is an opportunity for someone to look into my case. My details are posted below. If anything else is required from my end, I will be more than happy to provide the information.

Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Signature
<Your Name>

Name:
A# :
Date of Birth:
Place/Country of Birth:.
Citizenship:
Current Address:
Telephone:
E-mail: <preferably your office email>

Mail or Fax ?

Hi Driller,

Do we need to send it regular mail or priority mail ? Could you please let us know more procedure please...

Regards,
TXLCRIR

TXLCRIR,

Regular mail should be fine - that is what I had done. But priority mail will buy you peace of mind, I guess. On the other note do you know if your case is stuck in Name Check? Based on your signature, it appears that USCICS may have sent the NC request a week or so after you I-485 RD which may be around Sep 2005. In any case, your case is a valid one too since your priority date is current and it is well over a year from your I-485 filing.

Good Luck,

Driller.

Hi TXLCRIR,

Your PD are similar to mine.

I tried everything....Senator/Congressman/Mrs. Bush...nothing seems to help...
I am at the end of my wits...WOM lawsuit - here, I come ....soon!

--------------------------------
PD: Aug 02 (EB2/INDIA/TSC)
485 ND: Sep 05

Driller said:
Apparently writing to First Lady about Name Check does help. As I had mentioned in my earlier posts my background check was stuck for over 2.5 years; during this period I contacted local Congressman and Senator on 2 separate occasions, wrote couple of letters to FBI chief, couple to USCICS, several e-mails to FBI and finally when nothing worked, to First Lady Mrs Laura Bush on 09/01/2006.

Though I received my approval on 11/07, I was wondering what actually triggered the name check clearance. Yesterday received a letter from FBI which clearly states that my request of expediting name check was forwarded to them from First Lady's office in Sep-2006. The info that follows is even more intriguing. It seems FBI received my first request on May 2004 which they cleared in Dec 2005, but obviously I never knew about it since none of the others mentioned above could find that info out. Also, it seems USCIS requested another Name Check on 07/2005 and hence I was always in "pending" status despite FBI clearance. The clearance for second request was obtained on 10/26/2006 - which I am 100% sure was due to Mrs Laura Bush's office's intervention. Long story short, if your name check is pending for long, it may be worth its while to send her an "expedite" request. Who knows, it might just work.

Thanks and Good Luck.

Driller.
Actually your letter to the first lady has no effect on the clearance of your NC but only resulted in the info you know when your NC was cleared and this info actually can be obtained through a local Congress Office. Moreover, it maybe because you wrote to the USCIS and USCIS submitted another request, it caused a further delay, as you said your case is pending although your NC already cleared last December. The USCIS may still await the result of its second request from the FBI. Who knows?

However, it may be interested to the others as you said “I was wondering what actually triggered the name check clearance.”

Your NC was cleared last December. What did you do in the inquiry about your NC before December? What is your I-485 ND? Have you ever been subject to the visa retrogression since filing your I-485?

Last edited by a moderator: