Writ of Mandamus - My I-485 is extremely delayed

For some ..maybe !!

I think if they stop issuing you EAD you will be working illegally ...and if you are paying taxes ..which I have in large amounts ..I expect that the USCIS to do something better and improve the way they function ..and no I am not unHappy ..just could be much happier ..and I will write to all these politicians talking big ..to do a lot more than just talk ..!!!!!

calmguy said:
I think if they stop issuing you EAD you will be working illegally ...and if you are paying taxes ..which I have in large amounts ..I expect that the USCIS to do something better and improve the way they function ..and no I am not unHappy ..just could be much happier ..and I will write to all these politicians talking big ..to do a lot more than just talk ..!!!!!
Please let them sleep...

No more WoM

No,

But they will be able to fight back WoMs successfully. PBEC did it sometime ago. All they have to do is show they do not have enough resources to process all applications in time. I think the WoM escape route is going to get blocked pretty soon in the future.

Good luck!

curiousGeorge said:
So if everybody files a Writ of Mandamus, will USCIS create a priority date just for the WOM processing? :rolleyes:

Stuck in Name Check !!

Guys I was able to get someone from Senator Clintons Office and get a reply from USCIS that my File is stuck in name check by the FBI.
Now their Office will be calling FBI and see if they can speed things up.
They are EXTREMLY quick and refreshingly friendly.
We need a Democratic Senator and President ..Vote for Senator H. R. Clinton.

I 140/ I 485 RD Sept 2005

I agree on the democratic president part. But I guess will have to wait for 2 more years to know..if we are having a democratic president or not. In the mean time, I would like to know, if you are filing from NY? I am from NJ...I guess i cannot contact Senator Clinton...her office might not be able to help me! right? please clarify...

my dates are similar to yours....

calmguy said:
Guys I was able to get someone from Senator Clintons Office and get a reply from USCIS that my File is stuck in name check by the FBI.
Now their Office will be calling FBI and see if they can speed things up.
They are EXTREMLY quick and refreshingly friendly.
We need a Democratic Senator and President ..Vote for Senator H. R. Clinton.

I 140/ I 485 RD Sept 2005

Aakash28 said:
I guess i cannot contact Senator Clinton...her office might not be able to help me! right? please clarify...[/QUOTE said:
Use this website - http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
- to figure out which senators you can communicate to.

I agree with calmguy that staff at Senator Clinton's Immigration Dept. are extremely composing and helpful to talk to these days.
In NJ the staff and Robert Menedez are useless and lazy. They do not help at all (The other side of democates).

how to write WOM

Hi,
May I know how to write statement to file WOM to these people below:
Most of the example on this site on has 3 defendant. The people I plan to file suit is (just and example)
1. Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
2. Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of USCIS
3. ROBERT S. MULLER III, Director of FBI
4. GREGORY W. CHRISTIAN, Director of Nebraska Service Center
5. Alberto R. Gonzales, United States Attorney General

One more question, I file the I-485 with my spouse as dependant, so, when I file WOM, should we file as one WOM, or seperate them to 2 WOM?

takayuki said:
One more question, I file the I-485 with my spouse as dependant, so, when I file WOM, should we file as one WOM, or seperate them to 2 WOM?

If you file "pro se", you can't include your spouse. Some people did and got hunted by AUSA.

Not totally true. You can not represent your spouse, but she can reprsent herself, so basically there will be two plaintiffs in that complaint, you and your wife. I saw a lot of this kind of complaints in my district court. Go to pacer and do some research and you will find that out.

EA

vic_m said:
If you file "pro se", you can't include your spouse. Some people did and got hunted by AUSA.

EAin2005 said:
Not totally true. You can not represent your spouse, but she can reprsent herself, so basically there will be two plaintiffs in that complaint, you and your wife. I saw a lot of this kind of complaints in my district court. Go to pacer and do some research and you will find that out.

EA

It's somewhat grey area for me though. I did see Nor Cal pro-se hand book providing caption page example with 2 plaintiff's names. Maybe I'm confused because of this or similar message: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1536200&postcount=6040

All cases with multiple plaintiffs I've seen in Pacer so far were represented by attorney. If you already know some examples in Pacer I'd appreciate if you could share case numbers, names or search criteria here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a PM.

vic_m said:
It's somewhat grey area for me though. I did see Nor Cal pro-se hand book providing caption page example with 2 plaintiff's names. Maybe I'm confused because of this or similar message: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1536200&postcount=6040

All cases with multiple plaintiffs I've seen in Pacer so far were represented by attorney. If you already know some examples in Pacer I'd appreciate if you could share case numbers, names or search criteria here.

WOM Civil Cover Sheet Question

I am in the process of filing the WOM, I have a question about the Civil Cover Sheet question.
1. What is the nature of the suit? What I meant is what is the Code number? Someone suggested that the code is 890 (other statutory actions), is this the correct code?
2. THere is a question in the cover sheet that ask "the cause of action", I am not sure how to answer the 2 sub question, which is :
a. Cite the U.S Civil Statue under which you are filing
b. Brief Description of cause:
Hope you can help!

takayuki said:
I am in the process of filing the WOM, I have a question about the Civil Cover Sheet question.
1. What is the nature of the suit? What I meant is what is the Code number? Someone suggested that the code is 890 (other statutory actions), is this the correct code?
2. THere is a question in the cover sheet that ask "the cause of action", I am not sure how to answer the 2 sub question, which is :
a. Cite the U.S Civil Statue under which you are filing
b. Brief Description of cause:
Hope you can help!
Check this for experts opinions/answers;
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=671&pp=10

Filing wom with my spouse, how many signature is needed?

Hi All,
I have signed up pacer, also downloaded 3 complaint samples (filed by couple with help of lawyer), these complaints only has one signature, which is the lawyers signature. Due to financial constraints, me and my spouse are not able to afford a lawyer for our case, we plan to file the WOM ourself. Therefore, if any of you knows how many signature is needed for filing WOM as a couple, I really appreciate your help.
Or, if you know where to ask for this kind of information, I also really appreciate if you can let me know.
Thanks!!!