Wow...got my travel document in less than 2 months

bakeral

Registered Users (C)
:D:D

Ok, here's the timeline...

I got my green card through asylum in september 2008. In October 2008, i decided to apply for an rtd based on my permanent resident status. I got a notice date from uscis on 10/31/2008. A few weeks later in November, i got my biometrics appointment and got them done on 11/29/2008. Today i receive an e-mail that my travel document has been approved and mailed out. I never requested any expedited process on my rtd application and I was thinking since most people were waiting at least 5 months for rtd these days that i would get mine in April of 2009 or so. I am shocked...Are they that fast these days...uscis processing times still say that they are working on rtd applications received in March 2008. Just wanted to let all of you know and happy holidays.

i got my RP document yesterday, they mailed it to me priority mail,

i applied for RP on nov 14, i was approved 5 days ago

I got my travel document yesterday

I got mine yesterday in the mail and it was sent via priority mail. Now we all have to deal with fingerprints once we return as green card holders. I don't really care anymore. I have been through an amazing number of finger prints since asylum. If they want to fingerprint me, they can do so if it makes them sleep better at night. I just don't want to be sent to secondary inspection now that i have my green card. Now that's a pain.

my travel document is valid for 1 year

Hi Chang

My travel document is valid for 1 year
Happy holidays!