Would USCIS be able to trace an application status if you don't have a case number?

princesskate

Registered Users (C)
My friend submitted his AOS application on 8/31/07 to Chicago lockbox (PO BOX 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120), delivery confirmation showed his application arrived there on 9/2/07.

Delivered, September 02, 2007, 2:37 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680
Arrival at Unit, September 02, 2007, 1:52 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60607
Acceptance, August 31, 2007, 3:09 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92115

As of today, his checks have not been cashed yet. I noticed most people got their checks cashed within a month. Should he be worried?

If he calls the USCIS 800 number, would they be able to trace his application even though he doesnt have his case number yet?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I notice July & Aug applicants took about 3 weeks to more than 1 month to get the check cashed. Sept applicants seem go faster. Wait for 2-3 more weeks to see what will happen

My friend submitted his AOS application on 8/31/07 to Chicago lockbox (PO BOX 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120), delivery confirmation showed his application arrived there on 9/2/07.

Delivered, September 02, 2007, 2:37 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680
Arrival at Unit, September 02, 2007, 1:52 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60607
Acceptance, August 31, 2007, 3:09 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92115

As of today, his checks have not been cashed yet. I noticed most people got their checks cashed within a month. Should he be worried?

If he calls the USCIS 800 number, would they be able to trace his application even though he doesnt have his case number yet?

Yes, they should be able to trace his application with his last name, first name and date of birth. One of my friend called them and they were able to trace his application.

If you do not have a case number do not even bother calling them!! They will keep telling you Maam/Sir..What is your case number blabla...over and over without any information for you :) Sorry but wait, they WILL cash your check!

Thanks for the inputs!

I'll ask my friend to call USCIS sometime... taking over a month to "generate a case number" is kinda too long IMO :)

Did you pay your fees my personal check? If have a copy of the canceled check, there is sometimes a receipt number on there. In my case, it was different to ones I get for my individual applications, but it's a starting point.

If you have this, use this when using the 1-800 number and get through to a rep and say you cannot get any status.

If you're lucky, they'll bounce you to a second level rep who has more access and can look you up by name, address and date of birth.

Did you pay your fees my personal check? If have a copy of the canceled check, there is sometimes a receipt number on there. In my case, it was different to ones I get for my individual applications, but it's a starting point.

If you have this, use this when using the 1-800 number and get through to a rep and say you cannot get any status.

If you're lucky, they'll bounce you to a second level rep who has more access and can look you up by name, address and date of birth.

Yes he paid by personal check and his bank has a service which allows customers to see the copy (front & back) of cashed checks online. Unfortunately his checks have NOT been cashed yet.

Be patient princess...

Yes he paid by personal check and his bank has a service which allows customers to see the copy (front & back) of cashed checks online. Unfortunately his checks have NOT been cashed yet.

Princess,

Just wait till they send you a receipt because calling 1800 isn't going to work. The concern for USCIS is to ensure that people who are indeed the petitioners or beneficiaries have access to information, so a receipt number is unique and identifies who you are and preserve the privacy of your information.

Can u imagine how many Joe Smith are in the USCIS system?:confused: Give them 2 more weeks and see what happens...:eek: