Would I be able to get a new visa

igodspeed

Hello,

Last semester i was not able to pay my tuition on time so my sevis expired and so i applied for a reinstatement. However today i have received this email:
--
I have attempted to correct your SEVIS record so that is made Active again, but unfortunately the Help Desk is not agreeing to reactivate it.

In reviewing your record, your immigration and academic record has had a complicated history because of the following reasons:
1) Your academic suspension in 2008
2) Your absence from the United States after the suspension and the re-entry soon after that
3) Your difficulty paying your balances which has led to issues with enrollment.
4) Your late registration during the Spring 2011 semester.
5) Your I-20 has expired. You turned in a bank slip for your I-20 extension for one year, but it only showed approximately $10,000. This is less than half of what is required for a year, so the finances you showed would not have been enough for an I-20 extension to be possible anyway.
6) Finally, it is a condition of F-1 status that a student makes normal progress towards a degree. In reviewing your academic transcript, it seems as though you are not making normal progress towards your degree because of the multiple repeated courses, academic warnings, probations and suspension, in addition to the fact this next year would be your seventh year pursuing an undergraduate degree whereas a normal time of completion is 4-5 years.

All of these issues affect a student’s immigration status and have led us to the current immigration status problem you are experiencing now.

It is to your benefit to exit the United States and re-enter using a new I-20 to complete your program.

Because you are showing $10,732, you should use this amount to pay off your balance of $8,787.90. Then, exit the United States. When you are home, please contact me then and send original financial documents showing at least $26,421, pay a new SEVIS fee in the amount of $200, and we can send you a new I-20 to re-enter for an upcoming term. You must first pay your balance in full up before we can issue the new I-20. You would need to get a new visa if it is expired when you want to re-enter or if it has been more than 5 months since you departed the U.S. this time (even if it is still valid).

You have been terminated since April 7 so you must depart immediately. Failing to depart very soon can have serious consequences for future plans in the United States.

Would i able able to get a new visa since from what i understand that visa rules have become stricter? I am an indian citizen.

To be honest, it will be very hard. But just be honest with the Consular Officer, and properly explain what happened and how it will be different if granted a visa for the 2nd time. You really have no choice here.