Worried - Check not cashed

Just sharing some info -- mailed a I130 to CSC on Jul 26th, by certf mail. It was delv on Aug 6th. Never got the ret postcard and the checks are still not cashed!!

90 days to get Receipt number in VSC

I talked to customer service(?) today morning to check the status of my application. They said due to sudden influx of the application they have changed the processing time to issue receipt from 30 days to 90 days.

Here is my time line

N400 App Date 07/17/07
Mailed on 07/18/07
INS received on 07/20/07
Check cashed on 07/27/07
Receipts date/# : Hopefully soon. :confused:

I sent my application 7/27/07, VC received it on 7/31/07 (found out via USPS) and as of 8/23/07, my check has not yet been cashed.

N400 Filed during July 2007

Please post if anyone received the Receipt Notice / Finger printing notice from VSC for N400 filed during July 2007.

My check has not been cashed as well but my situation is exactly opposite. I would like to withdraw my application - aabbcc1 on this forum suggested that I make a stop-payment with the bank. That way my check will not get cashed and the application will be returned for non payment of fees.

Are there any negative aspects to this approach of issuing a stop-payment with my bank?

Mailed N-400 to TX on July 27th, 2007. USCIS got the Package on July 30th.mailed $400 check. check has not been cashed yet. wanted to find out if i was suppose to send the new fee($685) or not..please suggest

USCIS is not 'supposed to' require the new fee if it's postmarked before July 30, 2007. If they ask the new fee we have two option. 1. Just pay it and move on. 2. Prove them your application is postmarked before July 30, 2007 and you don't have to pay more. Let's see. Update us when you hear from TSC, please.

Hello,

Mailed 7/28/07 (I am the CEO of procrastinatorsRus) from Georgia. Check not cashed yet (8/28/07). I have the USPS receipt with tracking number. The tracking says 'left a note on 7/30/07' and 'delivered on 7/31/07'. I really dont think we will need to pay the new fee.

I also think that they may have made a mistake earlier in some of the appications like disciple's and are making sure that the postmark dates are verified before sending the insufficient fee mail. This might be causing the additional delay (just guessing). If they dont, they will have to set up numerous infopass appts and waste more time!

Good luck to all!

n-400 checks not cashed

I sent in my application via regular mail on the 26 of July to Texas and still haven't heard anything from them and they had not cashed checks either. I'm getting a little worried here!:confused: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, at last checks cashed....

Checks cashed on 8/29/07.....one good sign that applications are in process....hopefully....:)

Just updating my I130 sibling petition info that I posted prev on this thread -- the check cashed on Aug 31st!! I get the feeling though that they will be messing up the PD.

Sent $400 check...

Did sent only $400 only...I wasn't sure if they would accept as it received later...looks like they are going by postmarked date...

Hi guys.
I have not heard anything from TSC. i mailed my N-400 on july 27th and it was received on july 30th. and the check has not been cashed..
is there any body in the same boat, please respond

sent jul 28th, check not cashed

TSC. They must be flooded with apps.

BTW aryan2000... hope you realize your handle is not politically correct anymore thanks to one crazy nut case from the 1930s!