Worried about my spouse's FPs.....

Aakash28

Registered Users (C)
My first FP were done back in May 2005.
My wife's first FP were done in August 2005.
My 2nd FP were done recently in October 2006.

But I am concerned about my wife' 2nd FPs as we still have'nt received any notice from INS for the same.

I am expecting to receive my 1-485 approval anytime within the next couple of weeks (as per the information I got from the Senator's office) - but I am worried that my wife might not get approval at the same time as her case was follow to join - I filed up as single before getting married and later we married she came to US on H4 and I filed her I-485 as follow to join.

What are our chances that both of us would receive approvals at the same time?
What is only I receive the approval and we still do not get her 2nd FP Notice?
How much time it might take for her to get her's I-485 approval after I get approved?

Aakash:

My wife's case was follow-to-join, I did not list her in WOM as hers was only 3-month old at the time, and her name is really common (probably 100k people in the world have the same name), and she got approved at the same time as me, so do not worry, relax, and enjoy.

EA

Aakash28 said:

But I am concerned about my wife' 2nd FPs as we still have'nt received any notice from INS for the same.

I am expecting to receive my 1-485 approval anytime within the next couple of weeks (as per the information I got from the Senator's office) - but I am worried that my wife might not get approval at the same time as her case was follow to join - I filed up as single before getting married and later we married she came to US on H4 and I filed her I-485 as follow to join.

How much time it might take for her to get her's I-485 approval after I get approved?

Aakash28 said:

Did your wife get FP notice? I had also done my FP around the same time as your wife but havent got any notification yet so worried...
I did call USCIS but they say that our FP has not yet expired :confused:

my husband got his approval on non.13th while i'm still pending
since nov.2005 for some reason he started to get FP appointment and i didnt, his case number was updated and mine didnt and the lawyer said that since i'm the spouse, i have nothing to worry about because once he is approved i'm approved.
well, he got his card already and i'm still looking for answers.
dont wait to be approved, start calling and inquiring now.

HaraKad said:
Did your wife get FP notice? I had also done my FP around the same time as your wife but havent got any notification yet so worried...
I did call USCIS but they say that our FP has not yet expired :confused:

Actually, it all depends - I think you would get the FP notice only once they are done with all your other checks. So it's a good sign if you get your FP notice - means that all your checks are complete - and you would get the GC within a month or two of the FP. So do not worry if you are not getting the FP notice - that probably means that your case is stuck in some checks - do a status inquiry through your state senator and figure out what's the delay. Once all the cehcks are cleared they would automatically send you the FP notice.

Aakash28 said:
Actually, it all depends - I think you would get the FP notice only once they are done with all your other checks. So it's a good sign if you get your FP notice - means that all your checks are complete - and you would get the GC within a month or two of the FP. So do not worry if you are not getting the FP notice - that probably means that your case is stuck in some checks - do a status inquiry through your state senator and figure out what's the delay. Once all the cehcks are cleared they would automatically send you the FP notice.

Akash28,

Did your spouse get her FP notice finally?
In my case, the primary applicant got the FP notice but not the dependant...so dont know what is happening.

Akash28,

Did your spouse get her FP notice finally?
In my case, the primary applicant got the FP notice but not the dependant...so dont know what is happening.

My wife finally did got her FP notice. I think the reason why she got her FP Notice almost 3 months later then mine is that her I-485 was filed almost 3 months later then mine.