Working without work permit??

The_Journey

Registered Users (C)
Hi. my mom, my sister and I are awaiting a decision for our I 485's application for change of status based on marriage to a USC.

My mom is a manicurist and she asked our lawyer whether if she needs EAD or not, her workplace does not require nor check for EAD's. Our lawyer said that if the workplace does not require EAD, then she does not need to get one, so my mom have been working without EAD and filing taxes.

I have been pressing her to get one but she kept saying she doesn't need it because the lawyer said so.

How will this affect our I 485's application and what will happen at the interview?

Thank you very much.

First thing you need to do is fire the no good attorney. Although unauthorized employment is overlooked if the applicant is IR of a USC but willfully ignoring a law on a ongoing basis does not look good on a AOS interview.
If your I-485 is filed then why your mom don't want to get a EAD? The fee for EAD is already included in the fee of I-485.

Hi The_Journey,
Application for Employment Authorization Form I-765 must be filed to request for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in the United States by aliens temporarily staying there.The Form I-765 must be filed along with the filing fee of $380.