Working with EAD

co_istheworst

Registered Users (C)
Me and my wife, both are working on H1 visa. My company is processing my green card on which wife is added as a dependant. Recently wife decided to change job. We both have our EADs. Will she need to ask her new employer to transfer her H1 visa or she can work on EAD alone.

co_istheworst said:
Me and my wife, both are working on H1 visa. My company is processing my green card on which wife is added as a dependant. Recently wife decided to change job. We both have our EADs. Will she need to ask her new employer to transfer her H1 visa or she can work on EAD alone.

First of all I think your 485 should be approved soon. Why dont you inquire USCIS about the status of your 485? It is waay past they current processing date.
You can ask your wifes new employer to file for H1 just to be safe. Any RFEs on either of your 485 will result in her not being able to work temporarily till the MTR is granted if she works on EAD.

co_istheworst said:

Looking at your signature, your I-140 has been approved already, therefore, the risk to use EAD for the new job is very low.

co_istheworst said:

I agree with graduation2003. It is relatively safe to switch to EAD for your wife as your I-140 is approved.